Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider Murphy Boards

Options
  • 30-12-2006 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi to all,
    Just wondering about these boards. I am trying to move from a raw 7'6" to a shorter board. I need a new board and am trying to pick the right one.I am looking into getting a 7 foot spider exec as I think they are well made boards. I have a pretty good technique but I am 6'2" and weigh 13 stone 10 (festively plump at the moment so you could add a few pounds:) ).
    Are there better intermediate boards out there or could anyone rate this particular board? I would also be grateful for any info on where I could get the spider murphy boards {7' exec} (not stocked in lahinch).
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

spider boards seem to concentrate alot on the design of the board but not very much on the actually quality, i have surfed a 7"8 spider for 6 months and wasnt to fond of it, a much better and cheaper alternative to the spider boards are escape surfboards, escape boards are really high performance (check out ISA website, kevin doyle from tramore came bronze in the europena longboard comp recently) also alot of other irish big name surfers have escape.

Other good boards id recomend to you are O Shea, Hawaiian Soul and Lost. The graphics on lost boards are insane, do a search for "lost surfboards" to see what i mean, good luck with it though and if you need anymore help anyone of the boards lads here will help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JohnG23

Thanks for the advice neon,

I like the o'shea hybrid, the bigboy escape and the lost boards look awesome. Have not seen these stocked anywhere though (7 foot models). Are these boards hard to get and are they similarly priced to the spider boards? Can't find any prices on the net so may have to go travelling around, but tubes and ocean scene seem to stock some models.If anyone could lead me in the right direction, it may save a wasted trip.
    Thanks again for the help, it has given me alot more options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

I work for tramore Surf Shop and they have a 7"0 O Shea board there and two 7"0 escape boards worth a look.

I Suppose somewhere in lahinch or bondoran also have them, most shops will also take a second hand board of you as a trade in so it may not cost you as much as you think for a new board.

Advertisement