Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptopsdirect.ie

Options
  • 30-12-2006 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

From what I can see this company is to be avoided at all costs
    Put in an order for a 32" lcd tv for my father on Dec15th
    on the 20nd I got delivery of a laptop!!!! laptop case!!!!! and mouse!!!!! instead, after contacting them they expressed concern and said they were looking into it on the 21st, here's hoping for the Tv in time for Christmas.
    Since then they do not reply to my phone calls even though I have left messages on their answering machine, by the way the Dublin number just re-routes phone calls to their English office
    I sent them emails asking where the TV is and that the rubbish they sent me is at my fathers house to be collected when they deliver the TV but they now want me to complete a return policy and today say they are trying to track the TV, im taking this with a grain of salt... They even had the cheek to recently ask for " my order number or the full name of the person on
    the order"
    This is a company it seems are easy to contact if you want to buy something but when you have problems are not contactable
    Be warned, steer clear of laptopsdirect.ie
    :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Real sorry to hear about that awful experience bogman...

It's mad though I ordered a 32" TV from laptodsdirect.ie a couple of weeks before you and it was delivered in three days! I guess it is luck of the draw. Their after sales service does seem awful from your experience, I will think twice about ordering from them again. I hope it works out for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Crap, ordered a 32" myself from these last night. I'll update the thread when(if) it arrives with how I got on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

i recently ordered a tv from tecknicdirect, however first i tried to place the order with them. i ended up having to ring them. i actually found them quite rude and unhelpful on the phone.at one point the sales person actuallly tutted at me!told me not to hold my breath for a delevery this side of the new year and that they wouldt deliver aNYTHING OVER 42" to the ROI.i asked him where abouts on the site it said that and he said i dunno, it says it somewhere, just have a look!! after that i told him to leave it and went with the german company.

i would not reccomend them...and still cannot find where it says they wont deliver anything over 42" on the site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

woooo232 wrote:
    I guess it is luck of the draw. Their after sales service does seem awful from your experience, I will think twice about ordering from them again. I hope it works out for you...
    Yup, luck of the draw.

I ordered a toshiba laptop from them last june, arrived in 2 days - DOA. Called them, they told me to call their tech support, called him and he told me to call toshiba, called them and he told me to call the vendor. Called them and they agreed to send someone out to collect it. That took 2 weeks and 4 more phonecalls, then another week and at least 3 calls before they 'found' it in their store. It took nearly another week, and a demand for my money back before they checked it, confirmed it was dead and sent a replacement.

I saved maybe €50 off the PC world price, and probably spent at least as much on phonecalls to UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

bogman - demand a refund. Xtravision are selling this TV for 699 euro. Around the same as laptopsdirect when you factor in delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Well my tv arrived today, with new year and bank holidays and all, it came quick enough, no problems thankfully. I'd do business with them again although they do seem to have as many bad reports as good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

bogman wrote:
    They even had the cheek to recently ask for " my order number or the full name of the person on the order"

Now maybe I've misread your post, but of course they are going to ask for details of the order.
    Sarahn11 wrote:
    told me not to hold my breath for a delevery this side of the new year
    Thats alot better than most companies who will "guarantee" christmas delivery no matter what, at least they gave you a realistic time scale.

Having said that, they sound pretty crap to deal with.

Advertisement