Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eye laser surgery for dogs

Options
  • 30-12-2006 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

anyone get it done?
    wats the success rate?
    how successful is it?
    who does it, whose the best inteh game?
    got a dog here next to me and she needs it done, thinkin bout gettin it done
    thnks
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Whats up with your dog? Cataracts is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

Ruu wrote:
    Whats up with your dog? Cataracts is it?
    ya cataracts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

has he been to see a vet about them yet?

If he has been diagnosed with cateracts by a vet, they will be able to asses how bad they are. If they're not too advanced, your vet can give you medication which can slow the advance of the cateract.

I don't think cateract surgery actually involves lasers (the treatment for glaucoma involves lasers tho). I think the technique that they use is called phacoemulsification, which involves ultrasound waves to aid in removal of the cloudy lens. If the cateract warrants surgery, your vet can give you the name of an opthamologist vet.

Advertisement