Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Speaks!

Options
  • 30-12-2006 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

The final ten of the "Make Prime Speak" competition have been put up on the movie web site:

http://www.transformersmovie.com/prime_speaks/index.html

Some good lines in there, others just dont sound right. Good to hear Cullen doin Prime again all the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

First one doesn't really sound like Cullen.

His voice seems a bit older and deeper. He sounds more "Intellectual" too. This makes the flames look even more ridiculous and out of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

you know the fact those god awfull lines sound even half way decent is testament to cullens talent. still cool to here him after so long, the guy just sounds like a leader:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Rozie wrote:
    First one doesn't really sound like Cullen.

His voice seems a bit older and deeper. He sounds more "Intellectual" too. This makes the flames look even more ridiculous and out of character.

Well it has been twenty odd years, his voice is bound to be different, also they haven't computerised his voice for the more metallic sound, The final product will be different.

V!alli wrote:
    Well it has been twenty odd years, his voice is bound to be different, also they haven't computerised his voice for the more metallic sound, The final product will be different.

At either Botcon or Comicon can't remember which, he was still doing it spot on. I guess he just darkened it for the tone of the movie... damn those cartoony flames...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Reading a post on another TF board, one lad pointed out a touch of contempt in his voice at some of the dialogue he had to read, which, to be fair, I wouldn't blame him.

• Advertisement

V!alli wrote:
    Reading a post on another TF board, one lad pointed out a touch of contempt in his voice at some of the dialogue he had to read, which, to be fair, I wouldn't blame him.

Some of those lines were a bit cheesy. I don't understand why "Do A Barrel Roll!" didn't make it in. It would have been funny purely because of how random and unrelated it is. Some asshole like Master Fwiffo probably filed an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT about it. Urgh. Some people took the contest way too seriously, putting too much effort into lines... You're not meant to take "Submit a line" contests seriously. One liners usually only work in context... you can't see the script, you're not writing it. "LOLOL WAIT FOR IT THIS IS THE BIT I WROTE - TRANSFORM AND KICK SOME DECEPTICHOPS!! YEAH!!!". I can't imagine people sitting through the movie waiting for "their" line which nobody would even notice. Haven't these people watched Beast Wars!? "Diecast construction - it's a lost art!" Why did no lines like that get in???

It was pointless from the beginning taking it seriously, except to reinforce Prime's character a little. I get the feeling it won't matter either way, though, if they got Cullen they're not going to do so just to **** him around.

The "freedom is the right" that was on the official movie trailer on the site was supposedly done by a fan on some board... I wonder maybe if the rest aren't Cullen at all?

He's missing that "John Wayne" twang. I'm guessing he was told not to do it. I'm not the hugest cowboy movie fan, but still... it was his quirk.

Advertisement