Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty telling the two sides apart

Options
  • 30-12-2006 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Just got BF2142 for Christmas, normally I would play COD2 online and have never played any Battlefield before which makes me King of the Noobs!

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/PlayerSummary.aspx?Lang=uk&SrchName=&Profiles=&PID=87436962

My biggest problem is that I finding it difficult to tell friend from foe. I know that if you zoom that a little red triangle appears on the enemy and blue circle on team mates. However this usually takes a second or two and at that stage I'm usually dead!.

Is there any way to improve troop recognition? I have the helmet upgrade and I assume that this equips automatically because it doesn't seem to do anything in the equip screen.

Also, I don't have a voip mic yet, is it still possible to join a squad or would I be wasting my time and theirs not being able to communicate?.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah you can still join a squad with out a mike and ya will only hear what the other guys say. As for recognission I cant really help ya, I find it to be the worst BF game for this. One team had black gear and the other team has black gear with small bits of orange. From certian angles its hard to see the orange bits too so ive TK`ed in 2142 more than any other bf game ever. Ive played about 100 hours of bf2142 and still get confused as to what team im on and that flag i should be trying to cap. Orange and green flags make little sence to me, perhaps it will be sorted in some patch, heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

What if you made your own set of skins of each soldier type, like a green uniform for the PAC and a orange one for the EU. I doubt EA would approve of this though or punkbuster but its an idea. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Glowin neon uniforms :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I found a simple solution to this problem. Uninstall bf2142 and get a copy of bf2 and enjoy a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

But if two armies were to go to war in a certain terrain type. Why would one wear a uniform that stands out rather than blend in.

However given that this is a game, lol.

Takes time though. After a while you just know if its enemy or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

IF he is pointing at you, I go with the shoot first and ask questions later approach.

If he is pointing away, I go with the shoot first and ask questions later approach.

If he is standing beside me and not shooting, I go with shoot first and ask questions later approach.

I not well liked, especially when I'm in a mech with rockets and surrounded by infantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

I too had trouble recognising the enemy at first. Try joining servers with Friendly Fire off until you get used to spotting the enemy (Which just takes a little time.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

yeah i had the same problem at first,
    best thing i found to do is start looking at your hand holding your gun,it shows if your team is all black or black and white,then i just kill anything different from me!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I've stopped firing long range with the tanks. Killed too many of my own guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's pretty much the black guys against the white guys... hahah, you'll get the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Have a look at the radar, ya'll have a idea if ur team is in that general area. If not shoot anything that moves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nah, when you here that shing shing sound, like hit and miss sound you can usually tell fairly quickly if its friend or foe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Uh, I havn't played 2142 in ages but doesn't the player name or something float in blue/green above friendlies? If they have no tag, shoot em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Zillah wrote:
    Uh, I havn't played 2142 in ages but doesn't the player name or something float in blue/green above friendlies? If they have no tag, shoot em.
    Same here ,if i see no tag i shoot !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I see that(no tags) alot, i'm looking at the minimap alot more in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skylerr

The best way I found is if you are in a squad and have the netbat upgrade for helmet. Press T and ask for a UAV, This will show all enemys on radar and in your HUD right away. Thats if your commander gives you the UAV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Zillah wrote:

It does but sometimes that name recognition takes a while to come up and sure ya know ya can be dead in less than half a second. And sometimes you will see an friendly name cause a friend is behind the enemy but father off.

Advertisement