Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 2

Options
  • 30-12-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Finally got around to playing the Sims 2 this christmas and what an addictive game it is. I started out with one guy and the cheapest house on the block... and it grew from there. Now I got a wife and two kids - almost more hectic than the real thing. :D

One interesting feature is the objects addons - I see many on the net for download - but is there any large-ish pack that has a large variety of objects for the game? Not a game pack - but a large .zip of objects.

Anyone playing this christmas? I could package up the family and sent it on to ya as a package for your own lot. I'm playing in Pleasant Ville. The Goth family is everywhere! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i always liked the sims but i normally turn my families into very twisted creations :D alcoholics, depressed, incest, lesbians you know normal stuff.

as for addons i was only ever able to find either reskinned normal stuff or the stuff on EA but that was fairly limited i.e. they want you to buy the addon packs and not get free stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I like to hurt my Sims.

...that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Well, the hubbie in my family is a workaholic. The wife is rompaholic (current aspirations is a public Woohoo and making out with 3 sims). :D The 1st Toddler is cashing draining at an alarming rate. Time for another job. :)

I came across www.thesimsresource.com for many objects but you need to register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I put 3 hot young ladies and 1 greasy old dude in my house and waited 5 minutes for them to do something saucy, then promptly uninstalled the crock of crap and threw the discs away.

different strokes for different folks though i suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

tman wrote:
    I put 3 hot young ladies and 1 greasy old dude in my house and waited 5 minutes for them to do something saucy, then promptly uninstalled the crock of crap and threw the discs away.

different strokes for different folks though i suppose...

Ha Ha! :D Guess the old greasy dude wasn't into Public Woohoos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

I would suggest if you don't want expansion packs like Pets or Nightlife etc. that you try the stuff packs. They are cheaper and basically just add items and clothes to your game. There is Glamour stuff which is mostly clothes and furniture, Family Stuff and Holiday Stuff, also there is a new one called Celebration stuff. I would advise you to look on a shopping site to see the features. In fact the official sims site probably can tell you all you need to know. Personally, I think they could give more items in these stuff packs but they are worth getting.
    Also, if you have the Sims 2 game then you probably registered at the Sims 2 website when prompted during installation. If you log in to the page you are entitled to endless free downloads of sims, objects etc. if you trawl through you can usually find something that someone has made that you quite like. when you download them, save them into
    My Documents>EA Games>The Sims2>Downloads and make sure you double click on each download icon and press install.
    i was reluctant to download until the other day and i got some great stuff.
    i would recommend the expansion packs though if you like the game because they really add a lot including interactions, items, clothes.

i swear i have a life besides the sims. I DO!

Advertisement