Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Bricked :(

Options
  • 30-12-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

So there was updatin the firmware.

Had downgraded TA-082 with hend & devhook till 1.50
    The next stage was to upgrade to 3.01 with devhook, but I wanted to get the 3.02 OE-B thingy.
    So, as was downgraded to 1.50, so downloaded the 3.02 OE-A update, went to run it & ......loada lines came up sayin stuff like "Panic , cannot write to flash" or sumfin
    Then sumfin came up progress was at 0% for a number of minutes, so thinkin this musta frooze, turned the power off. Went to switch it on again ...... blank screen. Tried holdin R as some suggested while turnin on, nuffin.

Any idea's anywhere in North (preferably) or Republic that could unbrick it at all?? Or is it off to sony with the story that .....

I was updating the firmware to play the new games on the new psp i got for xmas, left it sittin for a while so it did it's thing. Came back and it was turned off, couldnt turn it back on again frown.gif

Berns

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

If you only got your PSP for xmas why don't you return to the shop and say something like that you were upgrading your PSP to the latest firmware and that in the middle of the upgrade, the PSP just shut down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Try calling the Sony support line. If it is still under warrenty, it should cover something like this.

Sounds like all the messing around with the firmware messed it up.
    I thought you couldnt go back after upgrading the firmware, or at least shouldnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

They sendin out a reconditioned one on wed :)

GF got it last month or sumfin so past the 28 days for returnin to get new one :( "yay, i got the stuff done before xmas rush" "not tried the stuff within the return to shop period so its screwed" :p

The problem with the firmware is, most ya cant play ammm, *cough* backups *cough* and was tryin to do that :rolleyes: Apparently can watch MP4 videos on the latest versions though if they do send one thats over 2.71. Think 2.8 & greater cant be downgraded to play certain items :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

2.8'S can now m8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Easy enough to brick are they? I ask this because i have a friend with a Psp, been throwing on MP4's and would like to be able to give roms/backups.

Its not mine to brick i suppose.

To the OP, could you not have just try flashing it again? Probably a stupid thing to ask on my part. Im too scared to flash anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement