Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

web site for i.t.

• 30-12-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

hi

does anyone recommend a site for learning i.t.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Steveo1983

What area of IT are you interested in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You are not going to learn IT from a website.

You might learn some general concepts and terms, but you will need a combination of courses and hands-on experience to learn it properly.

IT is a general term that covers a wide range of topics, you will most likely want to delve into a specific topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have a look at some of the FAS courses on their website, that'll get you started anyway but as Tom said hands-on is important in combination with the learning. Is there any local computer shop that would need a hand, even for a few hours in the evening or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You've been starting threads like this for close to 3 years now. "How do I find out how to fix windows". "Where can I go to learn about computers?". "How can I get a job in IT?".

I'm 100% sure that you're taking the piss now. People consistently answer with good advice, and you consistently fail to reply, then start another one of these threads two months later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

FFS.

I particularly liked your thread in programming on how to crack the password protection on a Word document. Class.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=150167
    is there any site that will tell you how to wash your clothes, dry them, iron them
    Anyone who can't learn / discover things for themselves then has no future on the coal face in IT.

It's an ongoing and never ending processes with microsoft seeming to change things for changes sake.

IT isn't a bad choice for people who are into discovery leaning, but it's not like learning French where what you learn now will be as useful today as it will be in a dozen years.

And OP banned for boring repetitive trolling

Advertisement