Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL without line splitter

Options
  • 30-12-2006 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

My splitter that seperates the phone and dsl signal is broken the last couple of days. I'm just putting the broadband cable directly into the phone line for the time being. (Stupid Question) I'm just wondering if my internet is affected when a call is coming through as I noticed the connection has been down quite often recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The modem doesn't need a filter. The DSL side of the double filter is 'unfiltered' anyway. The phone needs a filter though and it will cause disconnections when the phone rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cheers. Have to get myself a filter/splitter so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aron

eirebhoy wrote:
    My splitter that seperates the phone and dsl signal is broken the last couple of days.

that's wierd. my parent's eircom splitter died a couple of days ago as well. the second one in two years.

does anyone know if eircom send them out when you report one faulty or are you better off buying them in maplin/peats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

does anyone know if eircom send them out when you report one faulty or are you better off buying them in maplin/peats?

Will be interesting to see if they replace a failed one FOC ...... :rolleyes:

I needed an extra one a while ago and they would only sell me a pack of three at 25 yo yo's as I rem ..... :(

Maplin etc will certainly have them ....

Advertisement