Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Brigid's Moving To Charlesland

Options
  • 30-12-2006 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Afternoon,

Has anyone heard about St. Brigid's (well, the juniors infants anyway) moving out to Charlesland. Just wondered if anyone got any letters or knows anything about it.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

Hi,
    I don't have a whole lot of information but my friend's child goes to Brigids and she got a letter and as far as I know it is happening and they expect to start lessons for junior infants there next year!! I don't have any idea how they would do it that fast but that's what I heard anyway. It would be great for Charlesland if it did happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

I have a copy of the letter and yes, St Brigid's is moving to Charlesland. Junior infants will be the first to move into the school this Sept. The letter does not mention the timeframe for the others age groups

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

whereabouts in charlesland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

it didn't mention but I believe it's going to be down towards the Puroga creche

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

hmm - perhaps they're going to just keep adding a new batch of infants each year and leave the existing students where they are until they've all graduated. At that rate it would take 8 years to close the old school though.

they'd want to get building soon if they're planning to have kids in by September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

They may put the new infant classes in temporary classrooms on the new site, getting through the planning applications etc before the building work even starts takes ages! St. Patrick's is just about finishing up on the building of two classrooms and a hall which have been in the planning stages for years! The actual building work has been going on since last July and that was a smaller scale project, I would imagine that building a whole school would take a bit longer depending on the size. I would guess that they would use temporary classrooms and try to keep all the classes together but as I say, that's just a guess:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ash760

does anyone know where exactly is the school going to be- even a temporary structure for a school would need planning permission.

Advertisement