Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher Problem.......

Options
  • 30-12-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Today the dishwsher decides to act up :mad:

It appears that it won't take in any water. I've checked the water supply and it is OK - the washing machine is fed from the same supply and is working fine. I pulled out the dishwasher in case the water feed pipe was crimped or fouled in some way but all appears well.

Everything about the diswasher appears normal, it drains ok, the element heats, the little door opens to allow the washing tablet fall out - but the damn thing won't fill with water. I cleaned out the drain filter and removed the spinning arms in case they were blocked but all appears normal.

Are there any dishwasher experts out there? Can anybody shed any light on this problem? I don't really want to have to buy another dishwasher.

Its a Zanussi DW919.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Sounds like the pump has died.

Google

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote:
    Hi All,

Today the dishwsher decides to act up :mad:

It appears that it won't take in any water. I've checked the water supply and it is OK - the washing machine is fed from the same supply and is working fine. I pulled out the dishwasher in case the water feed pipe was crimped or fouled in some way but all appears well.

Everything about the diswasher appears normal, it drains ok, the element heats, the little door opens to allow the washing tablet fall out - but the damn thing won't fill with water. I cleaned out the drain filter and removed the spinning arms in case they were blocked but all appears normal.

Are there any dishwasher experts out there? Can anybody shed any light on this problem? I don't really want to have to buy another dishwasher.

Its a Zanussi DW919.
    I'm no expert crosstownk but it seems like the pump could have packed in. EDIT: Beat me to it Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Cheers lads,

but.............is there a pump for inlet water? I'm no expert either, but I assumed (incorrectly?) that the pump was for waste water, and an inlet valve which opens and closes to allow water in from the mains to fill the machine. I've taken the machine apart as best I can and still no difference - so I'm starting to think that the inlet valve/pump is kaput.

Ah well, time for paper plates til Tuesday:D

EDIT : I found this link which has some handy advice. Might be of interest to some.

Advertisement