Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Square - Website

• 30-12-2006 6:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all..

For the first time ever I checked out the City Square website to try find out their opening hours and also information on some of their stores. I was pretty supprised to come across a site that is pretty old, out-of-date and very poor content wise. It doesnt do much for the centre, as I personaly believe people visiting the site will take one look at the photos and then at the rest of the site and just conclude there isn't much in City Square to bother going.

Here are just some things I noticed..
    • Main "Home" page contains pictures which are now out-of-date,
    • Link to the "Doras" site does not work,
    • The page on "Stores" is just a short paragraph with links for additional information that dont go anywhere (incomplete section),
    • News is pretty old. Latest article was probably late 2003,
    • Waterford Section - Link to Accommodation - Out of date,
    • Tour - Doesn't work on Firefox or IE. (Latest Versions),

Its disappointing that Waterford's half-decent shopping centre has the worst possible website which is absolutely useless for both consumers and corporate company's who may wish to set-up a unit there.

Well.. thats my view on it anyway :P What do the rest of ye think?

Link: - http://www.city-square.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I didn't even know it existed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Same here I never knew it existed and never saw an advertisement linking it to a webpage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fade2black wrote:

Either did I, but I asked Google and thats what it gave!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kensutz wrote:
    Same here I never knew it existed and never saw an advertisement linking it to a webpage.

If they advertised it, I could image the feedback they would get :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like something from about 1998.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Anyone email them to complain?

Minto wrote:
    Anyone email them to complain?

Before I started this thread but I doubt they will understand it.. but, at least someone tried.
    Hello,

Are there any plans to actually update the City Square Website which seems at least 2 years old? It is out of date with pictures, is not fully browser compatible, isn't very easy to navigate, seems un complete, is pretty bugy and simply could be much better with a simple re-design and better content management!

With the likes of Debenhams now being present in City Square, and improved car parking facilities - it would be a good idea to add up-to-date pictures to attract more people from around Ireland to City Square. Looking at the website and not knowing anything about it, it would put me of visiting the shopping center as there is no information about stores currently in City Square.

Best Regards,
    Kevin O'Sullivan

Really do think its not very attractive for companies wanting to setup, or people wanting to shop here. *shrrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There are links to all shops including a photo of the shop and info. The tour doesn't work though and no-one has been near the site since 2004. The style is a bit strange, it feels to me like one of those gloomy and deserted malls that evolve sometimes and no effort can rescue them - like that one that was behind H. Samuels, can't remember what it was called, whereas I think City Square is really quite friendly and pleasant, if not exactly up-market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

looksee wrote:
    There are links to all shops including a photo of the shop and info. The tour doesn't work though and no-one has been near the site since 2004. The style is a bit strange, it feels to me like one of those gloomy and deserted malls that evolve sometimes and no effort can rescue them - like that one that was behind H. Samuels, can't remember what it was called, whereas I think City Square is really quite friendly and pleasant, if not exactly up-market.

That was the Broadstreet Centre... yeah that was some weird 'shopping centre' alright!
    When did it close down??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Advertisement

looksee wrote:
    There are links to all shops including a photo of the shop and info.

Doesnt work for me in Firefox. Is working in IE tho. Thanks for the heads up D:

My comment:- Needs to be updated and to work on all browsers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mill-House

come on sully get a life and stop whinging ya big baby about city square....do u have better things to be doin like :D

Mill-House wrote:
    come on sully get a life and stop whinging ya big baby about city square....do u have better things to be doin like :D

And you registered for what? To follow me around and make comments on what I post? I think someone else needs to get a life and move on with their life. Surley you have something (or someone ;)) better to be doing?! Not just you, but your associates too. Im sure your well aware of what im talking about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You have a stalker sully?

fade2black wrote:
    You have a stalker sully?

Looks like it. Registered, PMd me, posted in 2 topics of mine and this one being the 3rd. Thats all the user done so far since registering. Fair idea who it is, getting the admins to look it up for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

who gives a **** about city squares web site ---- wat fckin good is to anyone
    all separate buisnesses inside
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

who gives a **** about city squares web site ---- wat fckin good is to anyone
    all separate buisnesses inside
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Would you not find it helpful to find out about what shops were inside, what they actually sold, opening hours etc?

I came across it trying to find a shops opening hours, and was pretty supprised that Waterford only half decent shopping centre had an out-dated half-working website. Just wondered if anyone else was supprised! I gather, you are ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

May i ask kevin, do u have some sort of involvement with city square? it strikes me as weird that someone would go to the bother of writing to city square regarding their website, why are you making it your business to do this?

paul666 wrote:
    May i ask kevin, do u have some sort of involvement with city square? it strikes me as weird that someone would go to the bother of writing to city square regarding their website, why are you making it your business to do this?

No involvment, I came across it purley by accident and was kind of supprised! So I just said id fire of a small email to them to see what they had to say. And then decided to post up here to see what people thought about the site in general. :)

City Square is a good retail spot, and it just seemed a pitty there website was so old and didnt have the new store information etc. present. Thought an email might have got them thinking and maybe act upon it and give a new site with up-to-date information! Doesnt really bother (or affect) me in anyway - was just passing the comment to them. Feedback sometimes, is appreciated!

Iv worked in a busy guesthouse for most of my life, and maintain the website for it - and we often place links to local services / amenites. We could never place a link to this site but would love to if it was any good! We have done for Waterford Airport for example, and have found it benefical to us (and they would also find similar). Same applies for the Waterford & Tramore websites - it would be great to show a link to Waterfords main Shopping Centre and attract more people, tourists and business. Cant tho at the moment!

Anyway, thats my reasons really for giving the feedback to them. :)

Sully04 wrote:
    No involvment, I came across it purley by accident and was kind of supprised! So I just said id fire of a small email to them to see what they had to say. And then decided to post up here to see what people thought about the site in general. :)

City Square is a good retail spot, and it just seemed a pitty there website was so old and didnt have the new store information etc. present. Thought an email might have got them thinking and maybe act upon it and give a new site with up-to-date information! Doesnt really bother (or affect) me in anyway - was just passing the comment to them. Feedback sometimes, is appreciated!

Iv worked in a busy guesthouse for most of my life, and maintain the website for it - and we often place links to local services / amenites. We could never place a link to this site but would love to if it was any good! We have done for Waterford Airport for example, and have found it benefical to us (and they would also find similar). Same applies for the Waterford & Tramore websites - it would be great to show a link to Waterfords main Shopping Centre and attract more people, tourists and business. Cant tho at the moment!

Anyway, thats my reasons really for giving the feedback to them. :)

ur gone nuts kevin lol ---- only realised who u r;) ;);)
    There website is ****e

Neill Kelly here mate
    ttys

• Advertisement

ur gone nuts kevin lol ---- only realised who u r;) ;);)
    There website is ****e

Neill Kelly here mate
    ttys

Ya see, you should really be careful who you start swearing at on the internet. It isnt that big of a world really ;) Hope your doing well, aint seen ya about in a long time. Think it was back when you were walking around in City Square putting up posters for your man who did ****e in the Eurovision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

why not approach them and make them an offer tell them you'll do it at a good price, have they replied to your email.

ps i no ya as well, well i dont no u but i know ure bro and i kinda know ure dad. but im not tellin u who i am

paul666 wrote:
    why not approach them and make them an offer tell them you'll do it at a good price, have they replied to your email.

I normally like to approach them by pointing out some of the flaws in the site, to show that I actually have knowledge of what im talking about. Then I can base by their reply if they are actually any bit interested in getting the site re-designed. :)

I find going the direct approach, can often appear as spam. There are very similar spam emails which approach web site owners, offering re-designs etc. So I dont want to do similar.

Tried calling, but their machine which answers is a joke.

And no, no response yet. Probably dont check email.

Sully04 wrote:
    Ya see, you should really be careful who you start swearing at on the internet. It isnt that big of a world really ;) Hope your doing well, aint seen ya about in a long time. Think it was back when you were walking around in City Square putting up posters for your man who did ****e in the Eurovision!

True true bud , yeah busy out have 2 poker clubs now and a poker tour and still djin so never get a min mate , hope all the family is well , tell darina i said hi wen u are talkin to her again

ttys
    neill

Advertisement