Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southside Vs Northside

Options
  • 30-12-2006 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brain damaged

which area in dublin is the most dangerous?
    (in terms of scumbags and travellers)
    or in other words..
    which is the biggest s***hole in dublin?
    and specify which side its on..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

look at the dublin forum, there s a load of stuff on this topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Locked or moved, I cant decide which the nazis will do.

Anyway, Ballyfermot on the Liffey Valley bus route side is the biggest kip I ever experienced. Worst bus Ive been on and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

shane86 wrote:
    Anyway, Ballyfermot on the Liffey Valley bus route side is the biggest kip I ever experienced. Worst bus Ive been on and all.

Yeah, the 78a is always a guaranteed freak-fest.

In other news, this thread fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

killinarden in tallaght (southside)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

House prices would be one of the best indicators

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Ive always found the Dublin 8/ Thomas Street area quite dangerous. After about three weeks of working there, I soon copped on to the fact that its bets not to explore the area alone or in the dark:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

shane86 wrote:

I'll second that. You know you're in a bad area when even the church has bars on the windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, bin or lock mods.

Love,
    Herr Moderator xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

More of this immature bull****. Do you need to feel good about yourself or have something to talk to your mates about in lieu of intelligent conversation? Eyes to the ground boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Retarded thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Oh without a doubt, Dundrum is full of scumbags. All you have to do is go to the town centre and have a look. Or perhaps Blackrock - I just can't decide.......no wait, I can. I am settled on Rathfarnham....or Churchtown.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh without a doubt, Dundrum is full of scumbags. All you have to do is go to the town centre and have a look. Or perhaps Blackrock - I just can't decide.......no wait, I can. I am settled on Rathfarnham....or Churchtown.

:rolleyes:
    Thats your final answer?Are you serious?You should really get out more tbh.

Rathfarnham is absolutely fine, its the knackers wandering down from Knocklyon that you've to look out for, which is surprising because for an area with nice houses and all, theres an unbelievable amount of little shams being bred there. Churchtown is generally populated by old people, given that the church was once the centre point of the area. Nutgrove is a different case altogether though, and is 95% populated with scum given the HolyLands and the halting site, all within a stones throw of each other. Then you've the kippy little estate beside the park opposite the shopping centre, also a dangerous spot.

I know both areas well and can honestly say there is not a problem with Rathfarnham or Churchtown. Both are extremely low crime areas also. Nutgrove is a kip, I'll give you that, but is not anywhere near the worst or most dangerous areas on the southside. Its technically part of Rathfarnham of course, but is separated from the Ballyboden/Ballyroan/Rathfarnham town etc.

As for Dundrum, you're basing your statements on what you've seen at the town centre?Seriously, grow up and get out of the house more. Shopping centres attract knackers like flies to shít, its always been like that and it always will. I've a huge problem with the sheer amount of knackers arriving down to Dundrum Town Centre and hanging around in hoardes on the forecourt, gives the place a bad image and gives ignorant little clowns like yourself ideas about the area in general. Dundrum as a whole is a fine area, has its bad spots like most areas (Columbanus) but for the most part its a safe, nice little area.

And Blackrock?Jesus, do you ever leave the house?Seriously? Thats complete and utterly ignorant shíte you've posted. Go have a drive through Ballyfermot, or perhaps some of the rougher areas of the Northside. Or Fatima Mansions, and then we'll see if you're still saying Rathfarnham/Dundrum/Blackrock are some of the worst areas in Dublin.

Ballyfermot gets my vote. Tallaght has some rough spots but its tame compared to some areas in Dublin. I hate the Square and never feel safe around it at night, but its by no means the very worst spot in Dublin and there are some absolutely fine areas of Tallaght too. Just a case of a few rough areas giving the whole place a bad name I think.*

*Wow Giblet, I've changed my tune on that one haven't I? :)

EDIT: Oh sorry "Killaqueen", just read that you're only 15, guess you've lead quite a sheltered little life so far so hopefully you'll become a little more informed in the years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

rb_ie wrote:

Rathfarnham is absolutely fine, its the knackers wandering down from Knocklyon that you've to look out for, which is surprising because for an area with nice houses and all, theres an unbelievable amount of little shams being bred there. Churchtown is generally populated by old people, given that the church was once the centre point of the area. Nutgrove is a different case altogether though, and is 95% populated with scum given the HolyLands and the halting site, all within a stones throw of each other. Then you've the kippy little estate beside the park opposite the shopping centre, also a dangerous spot.

I know both areas well and can honestly say there is not a problem with Rathfarnham or Churchtown. Both are extremely low crime areas also. Nutgrove is a kip, I'll give you that, but is not anywhere near the worst or most dangerous areas on the southside. Its technically part of Rathfarnham of course, but is separated from the Ballyboden/Ballyroan/Rathfarnham town etc.

As for Dundrum, you're basing your statements on what you've seen at the town centre?Seriously, grow up and get out of the house more. Shopping centres attract knackers like flies to shít, its always been like that and it always will. I've a huge problem with the sheer amount of knackers arriving down to Dundrum Town Centre and hanging around in hoardes on the forecourt, gives the place a bad image and gives ignorant little clowns like yourself ideas about the area in general. Dundrum as a whole is a fine area, has its bad spots like most areas (Columbanus) but for the most part its a safe, nice little area.

And Blackrock?Jesus, do you ever leave the house?Seriously? Thats complete and utterly ignorant shíte you've posted. Go have a drive through Ballyfermot, or perhaps some of the rougher areas of the Northside. Or Fatima Mansions, and then we'll see if you're still saying Rathfarnham/Dundrum/Blackrock are some of the worst areas in Dublin.

Ballyfermot gets my vote. Tallaght has some rough spots but its tame compared to some areas in Dublin. I hate the Square and never feel safe around it at night, but its by no means the very worst spot in Dublin and there are some absolutely fine areas of Tallaght too. Just a case of a few rough areas giving the whole place a bad name I think.*

EDIT: Oh sorry "Killaqueen", just read that you're only 15, guess you've lead quite a sheltered little life so far so hopefully you'll become a little more informed in the years to come.

You know I think she might just have been being sarcastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

shane86 wrote:
    Locked or moved, I cant decide which the nazis will do.

Neilstown? and the Coldcut Road kinda region?

Piste wrote:
    You know I think she might just have been being sarcastic.
    I didn't read too much into it tbh Piste, read it and was like "Christ, thats the most ignorant thing I've read on Boards lately, lets disect it and throw a slight bit of personal abuse in for the craic".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

rb_ie wrote:
    its the knackers wandering down from Knocklyon that you've to look out for, which is surprising because for an area with nice houses and all, theres an unbelievable amount of little shams being bred there.

That's all they are though........shams!! Knocklyon, regardless of the shams, is still a very nice place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

admiralgar wrote:
    killinarden in tallaght (southside)

For real? I taught out there a few months ago, and to be honest, I found it grand.

Kenny 5 wrote:
    That's all they are though........shams!! Knocklyon, regardless of the shams, is still a very nice place.
    Thats true, its a nice area in general really. Just a bizarre amount of little wannabe knackers popping up there! Regardless though, its still a safe areas. They may act tough but they're actually not the worst, except on Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I've heard Darndale is...a bit dodge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Dublin in general is a hole in my own humble opinion.

• Advertisement

I've heard Darndale is...a bit dodge

Just a wee bit ;)
    Max_Damage wrote:

Well, nobody is forcing you to live here, are they?

the Southside / Northside thing is just a petty means to find something to argue about. At the end of the day who really gives a damn what side of the river we live on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Max_Damage wrote:

If you don't like it.........go!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Southside Vs Northside
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...a, who gives a ****, everywhare has dodgy places, experence is the only way of finding out, and boards is not the best place to find out, was in fas in ballyfermot for a while never had a problem, friends of mine lives in Darndale and never a problem.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Max_Damage wrote:

And do you know why?
    It's all the fcuking mulchies that live here.

Some of my best friends are mulchies. :D

Volvoboy wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...a, who gives a ****, everywhare has dodgy places, experence is the only way of finding out, and boards is not the best place to find out, was in fas in ballyfermot for a while never had a problem, friends of mine lives in Darndale and never a problem.

-VB-

indeed its the most retarded thread title ever. Maybe what are the bad parts of Dublin? who cares what side of the river you live on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

A tie between Dalkey and Sutton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brain damaged

yeh alright f*** the thread name i forgot to erase it.
    new thread name : Worst area in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

Templeogue. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dancingpixie

rb_ie wrote:

Em, could it have been any more obvious that she was being sarcastic?? I mean seriously i dont understand how could you read that and not realise it was sarcasm!! Perhaps the little eye-rolling smiley at the bottom of her post might have given you a teeny little clue that she wasnt being absolutely serious? Or maybe that blackrock has the reputation of being one of the most affluent areas in dublin? Lol you complete tool.

Advertisement