Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southside Vs Northside

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

sarcasm or not, im with rbie, nobody snubs da drum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Geek Nose

rb_ie wrote:
    I didn't read too much into it tbh Piste, read it and was like "Christ, thats the most ignorant thing I've read on Boards lately, lets disect it and throw a slight bit of personal abuse in for the craic".
    How the fook could you not tell that was sarcasm??? lol @ you! It couldn't have been more obvious. DUUUUH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Em, could it have been any more obvious that she was being sarcastic?? I mean seriously i dont understand how could you read that and not realise it was sarcasm!! Perhaps the little eye-rolling smiley at the bottom of her post might have given you a teeny little clue that she wasnt being absolutely serious? Or maybe that blackrock has the reputation of being one of the most affluent areas in dublin? Lol you complete tool.

LOL.

Reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

which area has the highest crime rating?
    i've tried looking it up on the internet, but cant find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 itsAboy

Giblet wrote:
    More of this immature bull****. Do you need to feel good about yourself or have something to talk to your mates about in lieu of intelligent conversation? Eyes to the ground boys.
    immoderate

• Advertisement

Dontico wrote:
    which area has the highest crime rating?
    i've tried looking it up on the internet, but cant find it.

http://www.dublincrime.com/

which area in dublin is the most dangerous?
    (in terms of scumbags and travellers)
    or in other words..
    which is the biggest s***hole in dublin?
    and specify which side its on..:confused:

http://www.dublincrime.com/

itsAboy wrote:
    Lol, I filtered it for the last year. I'm sure its just a funny coincidence that the Northside crimes outnumbered the Southside ones by almost 4 to 1 :D

• Reported.

You can dish it out but you can't take it? :rolleyes:

There are bad areas all over Dublin tbh. I've had trouble in Rathmines which is supposed to be a grand area (and it generally is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

itsAboy wrote:

did not give answers i wanted.

• Advertisement

You can dish it out but you can't take it? :rolleyes:

There are bad areas all over Dublin tbh. I've had trouble in Rathmines which is supposed to be a grand area (and it generally is).
    Personal abuse is against the charter, abusing the post is fine but not the poster.

Rathmines is absolutely fine, except at night where it can get be dangerous at times.

• Ehh you seemed to be insulting that poster a fair bit.

Ehh you seemed to be insulting that poster a fair bit.
    I said what she posted was ignorant tripe.

• It was a joke you failed to get :rolleyes: Not her fault. Any ribbing you got after that was well deserved, come on!

Shes a 15 year old girl (from what I gather from her profile), ignorance at that age would certainly not surprise me.

• 15 year old girls are all ignorant idiots? LOL. Right.
    She was CLEARLY joking, you failed to notice the blatantly obvious sarcasm, went off on one, failed to acknowledge that you were wrong and now can't take someone calling you out on it. *cringe*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A tie between Dalkey and Sutton.
    Sutton, because that's my home town and I'm well 'ard.

15 year old girls are all ignorant idiots? LOL. Right.
    She was CLEARLY joking, you failed to notice the blatantly obvious sarcasm, went off on one, failed to acknowledge that you were wrong and now can't take someone calling you out on it. *cringe*
    No no, I said it wouldn't surprise me. Especially if she were in a private secondary, the sheer level of ignorance at that age in private education is unbelievable. Anyway, where exactly do you come into it? Oh, you don't?

Oh, and I didn't say "All 15 year old girls are ignorant idiots" but seems you're getting a little defensive over it, you're a 15 year old girl I take it?

Anyway, I'm not having this thread descend into some "flame war" (though that would require intelligence on your part, something that thus far there has been a somewhat lack of evidence of). So, quiet down and don't get yourself involved in things that don't concern you. Mmm kay? Good girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

rb_ie wrote:
    No no, I said it wouldn't surprise me. Especially if she were in a private secondary, the sheer level of ignorance at that age in private education is unbelievable. Anyway, where exactly do you come into it? Oh, you don't?

Oh, and I didn't say "All 15 year old girls are ignorant idiots" but seems you're getting a little defensive over it, you're a 15 year old girl I take it?

Anyway, I'm not having this thread descend into some "flame war" (though that would require intelligence on your part, something that thus far there has been a somewhat lack of evidence of). So, quiet down and don't get yourself involved in things that don't concern you. Mmm kay? Good girl.
    You admit you included personal abuse in an earlier post in the thread, then you report someone for doing the same to you, then you cant recognise the blatant tongue-in-cheek nature of Killaqueen!!!'s post but start calling everyone else stupid. :rolleyes:

CiaranC wrote:
    You admit you included personal abuse in an earlier post in the thread, then you report someone for doing the same to you, then you cant recognise the blatant tongue-in-cheek nature of Killaqueen!!!'s post but start calling everyone else stupid. :rolleyes:
    Hrmm, yes, blatantly tongue-in-cheek considering a lot of people who visit Dundrum Town Centre complain about the sheer level of scum the place has been attracting. Its actually quite a common complaint about the place, if you happen to know anything about it. If you don't, welllll I guess a "Stfu CiaranC" might be in order.

• Advertisement

• I think you'll find anything posted here concerns everyone, since it's a public forum. If you want a private conversation, there's a wonderful thing called Private Messages. No, I'm not a 15 year old girl - I've just never seen such blatant hypocrisy on a forum before, not to mention arrogance. You assumed Killaqueen was an idiot because of her age, yet managed to make yourself look like an idiot by insulting her over a blatant joke, then refused to back down and reported someone *else* for personal abuse, which was more deserved than what you dished out earlier. I wouldn't take YOU to be older than 15, the way you act and even then I've met loads more mature 15 year olds. Anytime anyone questions you, you insult them - yeah that's REALLY mature! :rolleyes: Keep calling people names all you want - you're the one embarrassing yourself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

rb_ie wrote:
    Hrmm, yes, blatantly tongue-in-cheek considering a lot of people who visit Dundrum Town Centre complain about the sheer level of scum the place has been attracting. Its actually quite a common complaint about the place, if you happen to know anything about it. If you don't, welllll I guess a "Stfu CiaranC" might be in order.

i'd have to agree dumdrum sc is a right knack fest...well to some extent a 'wannane knack' fest. i rather town at this point. looks like poor ol rb is getting stick from the proles...don't worry rb, just release the hounds :D

I think you'll find anything posted here concerns everyone, since it's a public forum. If you want a private conversation, there's a wonderful thing called Private Messages. No, I'm not a 15 year old girl - I've just never seen such blatant hypocrisy on a forum before, not to mention arrogance. You assumed Killaqueen was an idiot because of her age, yet managed to make yourself look like an idiot by insulting her over a blatant joke, then refused to back down and reported someone *else* for personal abuse, which was more deserved than what you dished out earlier. I wouldn't take YOU to be older than 15, the way you act and even then I've met loads more mature 15 year olds. Anytime anyone questions you, you insult them - yeah that's REALLY mature! :rolleyes: Keep calling people names all you want - you're the one embarrassing yourself.
    It was between me and Killaqueen (who hasn't even bothered posting in the thread since), where you felt the need to come into it, I don't know. Maybe you're attention starved, a middle child or something...not my problem anyway.
    Its none of your concern, you just jumped into it for some reason.

I didn't assume Killaqueen was an idiot, I said she was ignorant to post such a thing.

ANYWAY, I've no need to explain myself to you, "Kyla Numerous Neptune", why you even felt the need to address me is beyond me. Its grand, if I feel the need I can discuss it with Killaqueen via pm, so as far as you're concerned its over so kindly stfu about it and go fill your need for attention elsewhere. K thanks.
    well to some extent a 'wannane knack' fest. i rather town at this point. looks like poor ol rb is getting stick from the proles...don't worry rb, just release the hounds

Ah, to some extent alright. Theres an awful lot of shams hanging around there during the day, around the forecourt. Its quite tragic, given that the centre itself is such a nice place. I still blame McDonalds and the rest of the fast junk food places, they attract knackers like flies to shít.
    However, the security in the centre itself is fantastic, its just a pity they couldn't instigate some sort of "filter", or, should I say, a more effective "filter"(given that the security will stop some people entering based on how they're dressed already...they just need to up the standards a bit).
    They want to give off this image of class, style, etc. to the town centre, yet they're letting in these absolute shams in their matching tracksuits to skulk around the town centre but seemingly never buying anything...
    The place is a complete nightmare when the kids are off school too, the whole centre just gets packed with kids/mid-teens and then hoards of little shams, who stand around the forecourt during the day slagging each other or roaming around the centre but never having the cash to buy anything.

Ah, I don't consider it stick at all. I've some randomer who suddenly felt the need to make herself known to me making smart arsed comments...maybe I should take her attempts at getting my attention as a compliment* ;):p

*provided that Kyla Numerous Neptune is a girl...if its a guy that lot obviously doesn't apply.

• You reported another poster for 'personal abuse' so it obviously doesn't just involve Killaqueen, does it? :rolleyes: I think it still escapes you that she was actually joking - maybe you should get off here and go and find a sense of humour? Anyway, as they say, no point in arguing with an idiot.

You reported another poster for 'personal abuse' so it obviously doesn't just involve Killaqueen, does it? :rolleyes: I think it still escapes you that she was actually joking - maybe you should get off here and go and find a sense of humour? Anyway, as they say, no point in arguing with an idiot.
    Yes, some other fool decided to stick their unnecessary opinion on a matter that didn't concern them into the thread, which also contained personal abuse aimed at my good self, so I reported it.

Oh, I just don't see why I should even think about discussing it with you, what do you have to do with it?Nothing. Keep your nose out of business that doesn't concern you. Do you go and interrupt people when they're arguing on the street?Or having a heated debate at a table across from you in a restaurant?No, no, you don't.

I would ask how you know she was joking btw. As I've said, I've heard people say similar in the past, albeit they were extremely ignorant people, I've still heard very similar tripe from people in the past who weren't joking. So the little smiley at the end indicated she was joking? You've been here over two years now yourself, surely you know that those smileys are used in various contexts, including the one they're tagged as.

Anyway, as I said, you've nothing to do with it so either get on topic or don't bother posting to the thread again, as I'll report every one after this as off-topic/problematic should you continue. I'll PM Killaqueen should I feel the need to discuss it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Not Ballyfermot itself, but areas of West Dublin aren't overly pleasant. Parts of the city centre aren't terribly fun at night either, down Pearse St and parts of Townsend St. I've stuck to the South Side because it's the side I know best.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Thats true, its a nice area in general really. Just a bizarre amount of little wannabe knackers popping up there! Regardless though, its still a safe areas. They may act tough but they're actually not the worst, except on Halloween.
    They're all kids which is fine for those over 18, but I recall growing up there and having to deal with the wannabe knackers and the actual knackers who wandered down from Whitechurch. For somebody in the mid or early teens and with little point of reference of somewhere worse, Knocklyon might seem a little rough.

And Dundrum... The centre is full of knackers, fresh from the holylands and further afield thanks to the 75. But the area itself... Couldn't be safer.

• I would ask how you know she was joking btw.

Anyone with even half a brain could see it, it's that blatantly obvious. Why don't you ask yourself how everyone but you knew she was joking? And it's all still on topic, BTW, because the whole thing arose from the good areas vs bad areas debate. Do you always go through life threatening people who challenge you?
    Not Ballyfermot itself, but areas of West Dublin aren't overly pleasant. Parts of the city centre aren't terribly fun at night either, down Pearse St and parts of Townsend St. I've stuck to the South Side because it's the side I know best.

Much of the inner city is dodge at night, north or south, IMO. I don't understand people who see no problem with Pearse St 'because it's on the south side'. As if that makes it perfectly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

ixoy wrote:
    Sutton, because that's my home town and I'm well 'ard.

ppffftt... you Sutton people just wish you were from Howth ;)

Anyone with even half a brain could see it, it's that blatantly obvious. Why don't you ask yourself how everyone but you knew she was joking? And it's all still on topic, BTW, because the whole thing arose from the good areas vs bad areas debate. Do you always go through life threatening people who challenge you?

No no, its not on topic. Any further posts on it will be reported. k thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭horsesnout

rb_ie wrote:
    No no, its not on topic. Any further posts on it will be reported. k thanks.

You are such an idiot :rolleyes:

Advertisement