Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter Herald 8 and 14 Multi Fuel Stove

Options
  • 30-12-2006 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Anyone got any thoughts or know anything about the Hunter Herald multi fuel stove?
    Was thinking of buying either the 8 or 14. They look good but I can’t find much feedback on them . Was thinking of one of these or perhaps a Stanley “Tara” or “Ashling”.
    The Stanleys are more expensive (approx €400) – are they worth it?
    Any information gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Is it a wet or dry stove that you are thinking of installing?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Its just a standalone - no boiler or anything like that. Has to be capable of heating a big room (Approx 24x17 Ft.)
    Thanks

what price range are you thinking of? 8 kw stove should do that size with no problems. my cousin installed one in her house similar size room and her only complaint is that is too warm. compared to the open fire.

Well the Hunter Herald 8 is 7 - 11 KW and the 14 is 12 - 16 KW. So I quess the 8 would be sufficient for my needs. They range from approx €900 to €1100. BTW forgot to ask what make did your cousin install?

we import them from the far east, I have sold 5 in Dec as a sample to friends and family to test the quality and we have had no problems thank god. we usually do solar and WPB but a lot on people are intrested in stoves because they look good and are very efficent for space heating. so we placed a new order for delivey this month. they are retailing at 600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Musha wrote:
    we import them from the far east, I have sold 5 in Dec as a sample to friends and family to test the quality and we have had no problems thank god. we usually do solar and WPB but a lot on people are intrested in stoves because they look good and are very efficent for space heating. so we placed a new order for delivey this month. they are retailing at 600
    Have you got a website or more details / pictures, tech specs? Where are you based? I would be interested in finding out a bit more. Thanks.

Musha
    Thanks for the replies. Would be interested in specs/make. Would spare parts be readily avaiable? Photo would be helpful also if you had one available
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Just following the thread, if you have PM'd details of those stoves I'd be interested in some more info aswel thanks.

Hi Guys,

website is www.genconenergy.com Spare parts are no problem, we are based in Limerick:)

Musha
    Are those stoves multi - fuel or just wood burning? Also what are the approx output of the Cork and Kerry ones?

• Advertisement

cork is 8.3kw I should have stock by end of Jan Kerry is 11.5kw possible won't have stock until late feb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Ive been looking at a Hunter Herald 14 (12-16KW) with boiller. Capable of heating 10 rads Im told. Price range for this seems to be around €1500

Well I was quoted approx €1100 for Hunter Herald 14 (Non Boiler) and €900 for Herald 8. Still cant get any feedback on the model or what the performance is like. If anyone has any info or knows anything about them I would be glad to hear from you.
    AleoN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Well the advice I got from the place I was looking is that this is a good reliable brand and and no problems with it.. no one had to get bricks replaced etc...

of course you could argue they are gona say that if they are selling them :) but I got advice on a few models and this seemed to be the best seller...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 woodburner ware

hey guys

im new to the forum and i just thought id check out the irish Multi fuel "scene" as im in process of moving to ireland and have got a web site going live in next few weeks and upon phoning around a few places i couldnt believe how much the prices of stoves are in ireland :confused: in wales we sell our stoves at 20% off the RRP with free delivery and will going live in ireland soon again with discounted stoves and free delivery.

the prices you have been quoted are they online or retail shop? and how much delivery they charging for them?

i rang one place and they wanted 850.00 euros for a morso squirrel 1410 + 50 Euros delivery, to give you an idea our welsh website when it goes live will be selling them at the equivilent of 746 euros with free delivery, and again will be discounted at rates for our irish business when live.

Id be interested if you guys could let me know a few more quotes etc or prices of stoves over there so i can compare to our prices, as i havent had much chance to go to ireland but am going in 4 days.

Lokk forward to hearing from you and maybe serving you in the future

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 woodburner ware

AleoN wrote:
    Well I was quoted approx €1100 for Hunter Herald 14 (Non Boiler) and €900 for Herald 8. Still cant get any feedback on the model or what the performance is like. If anyone has any info or knows anything about them I would be glad to hear from you.
    AleoN

hunter is not a bad stove at all mate.

there are better stoves dont get me wrong but depends on what you want to pay. Clearview stoves are the best of the best but then you are looking at a high price, a morso is a very good stove aswell or franco belge are a very good value for money stove, a franco belge savoy is 8KW and i dont know what they are sold at in ireland but the RRP is £740 = 1,126.80 EUR but we sell them in wales for £592 = 901.466 EUR so there is a healthy discount :D thats a nice little stove and its a reasonable price as well, we could even supply to ireland from the wales site at a small fee for getting it to ireland probably around 50 Euros which would bring it to 951 euros still a way off retail price

but hey im getting ahead of myself lol

Advertisement