Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla run out discounts

Options
  • 30-12-2006 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a run out discount on the Corolla to shift the last stragglers before the Auris arrives? If so, do you know what kind of money is involved?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Spit62500 wrote:
    Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a run out discount on the Corolla to shift the last stragglers before the Auris arrives? If so, do you know what kind of money is involved?

Thanks!

Don't bank on it, normal straight cash discount would probably only apply. Like most Toyota models before, the old model always sells well here up to the end. You might have do better though when there is a few sitting on the dealer's forecourt next to the new model.

BTW the saloon, Verso and estate will continue to the sold with the Corolla name. The three and five door hatchbacks are only going to carry the Auris name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

according to Irish Car , the estate will not be sold here. :mad:

Still though, they should put discounts on these as they do in the UK. Id like the Luna saloon model with the 6 arch alloys but to buy the alloys on their own, toyota is looking for 650 euro for each alloy. The other alloys available as accessories are ones I dont like and are less than the price quoted above for a set of four :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I was looking at that new Toyota in England on Thursday and it is one bland looking car, it looks like a small Camry. How can a company who claim to build the best cars employ the most boring designers in the world.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

no discounts on run out model. Most left are the Luna model, which is very high spec for the money.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Spit62500 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks!

Flash your cash in front of a salesperson and you'll get a discount. It depends on a whole lot of factors though, one of which is the immenent new model as you suggest.

My advice would be that it's definitely worth shopping around, visit a number of dealers and push them for their best deal. I assume you have nothing to trade in, if you do, your discount pretty much goes out the window. Cash is king to these guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

PauloMN wrote:
    Flash your cash in front of a salesperson and you'll get a discount. It depends on a whole lot of factors though, one of which is the immenent new model as you suggest.

My advice would be that it's definitely worth shopping around, visit a number of dealers and push them for their best deal. I assume you have nothing to trade in, if you do, your discount pretty much goes out the window. Cash is king to these guys.

The thing is though is that around now is a car salesman's best time of year. They don't have to work really that hard at this time of year to clinch a deal on new cars, trade-in or straight deal. Obviously you have a better chance of a discount with straight cash but brand new cars literally drive themselves out the showroom door at this time of year.

Advertisement