Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better areas to live

Options
  • 30-12-2006 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I know there's a lot one can add to this, but to try and keep things simple, I am interested in what areas are thought to be good for a family. I have a young son and no car, so thinking of 1300 a month for a flat (2 bedroom), so what areas would you consider good?

I would prefer the center of Dublin, but I doubt 1300 would get me very much or am I wrong?

Oh and any advice would be great :) .

TY in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

For ~€1300 per month you could get a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs.

Check out this for a list of houses in South Dublin for a max of €1300 per month. They're all 3 bed, have a fiddle with the search to change it if you wish.

Heres the same for North Dublin Click

I can't advise much about the Northside as I live out in the Southside, but theres a 3 bedroom house there in Knocklyon (Southside) for €1300 per month which would be ideal. Nice area.

Or, if you could afford another €200 per month, you could get a 3 bed house in Rathfarnham which would be again, ideal for a family. Click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilrayosunshine

You want to live somewhere that has a good bus route and local amenities.
    Also you'll have to think of schools/childminder/creche for your son.

I've nowhere really to recommend just wanted to give you a hint for what to look out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Well the 16A, 16, 15's and 49 (as well as others) run straight through Rathfarnham, which is convenient and afaik theres a Cocoon creche somewhere in the area too.

Theres also Rathfarnham shopping centre, with Tesco and all, and Dundrum is only a short drive away, so is The Square. Loads of take aways and restaurants around that deliver, a few good pubs too.

Some private and public schools in the area too or a short bus trip away and its far enough from the City Centre to avoid most of the trouble, there'll be the odd expected break-in here and there but for the most part its quite quiet in relation to crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You'll get something decent for that down this way and it is great for kids, especially in the summer, nothing wears tham out like playing on the beach.

Glenageary or Sandycove and Glasthule to the city centre is only 20 minutes on the dart as well.

Advertisement