Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathvilly Co. Carlow

Options
  • 30-12-2006 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

hey there i just moved to rathvilly in Carlow it is close to balltinglass and tullow but i can't find any broadband companies in the area except sat broadband i was just wondering if there is any websites that tell you about telephone exchanges being upgraded and area been upgraded to broadband even wireless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Hi, Try Torque Networks www.torque.ie A friend of mine lives in rathvilly and he is connected to this ISP. It was the only choice other than satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Be VERY afraid of Torque.ie!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=297881

They were a good company once, but things went badly wrong for them since last April.

As a result, there are stories that would make your hair stand on end (a lot of very bad choices were made, with good intentions.).

HOWEVER, the word is that they actually gave up and sold out to http://www.callidustelecom.ie/ , without actually mentioning this to any of their subscribers, as of December 1st.

So, if I were you I would cut out the "hairraising" option, and, apparently, the most expensive installation in the country (€300), and contact Callidus direct.

But be warned, I have heard funny stuff about the topography of the general area of Rathvilly, such as people not being able to receive wireless broadband even though people very nearby could.

3g is also an option, you may find the area well covered.

Advertisement