Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an xbox1 dvd drive be flashed like the 360 one

Options
  • 30-12-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

My own xbox has an xecuter chip in it so I have never messed around with the other options available. But the cousin has a virgin xbox1 which he would like to play backedup games on. So I was wondering could the dvd drive be flashed like you can do on the 360 or will I have to do it another way. Basically I dont think he or anyone he knows has any of the games that will work on the gamesave hack and would like to try the hotswap method but dont want to fry it on him. So really I am looking for an option that is nearly fool proof and will not need chipping

Thanks Cubix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The DVD drive exploit was first developed on xbox 1 as a proof of concept, so yes, the xbox 1 can be flashed.

Just softmod it, you can pick up splinter cell for a tenner on ebay, way cheaper than gathering the bits required for flashing, which is way less functional and not really well documented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks will do;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

not flashed per say, buy you can change the bios with spiltercell game exploit

So I believe CoadyJ, just nabbed my self a copy of ebay;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭nupplenits

http://www.productwiki.com/microsoft_xbox/article/how_to_go_from_xbox_to_xbox_media_center_in_30_minutes.html

This guide worked brilliantly for me, but I used MechAssault.
    One word of advice too..
    Use FileZilla instead of FlashFXP because FXP only allows you to transfer one file at a time and FileZilla allows up to 8.
    It was taking ages for me with flashFXP(well over an hour and a half) to transfer the files, so I just started again with FileZilla and it took about 10 mins.

Edit; Looked up the FXP issue and it turns out that you can't use Passive mode when transferring files.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Nupplenits;)

Advertisement