Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting skirting boards for off-square walls

Options
  • 31-12-2006 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I normally cut my skirting boards with a mitre using my chop saw, but I have a wall running in 2 rooms that is off-square due to layout of an extension (i.e. I'd guess the internal angle from back to front is about 75 degrees as opposed to 90 degrees normally).

What's the best way to cut the skirting boards for these angles to get a good joint? My chopsaw will only do up to 45degrees and only swings to one side. I've seen the coping saw method mentioned but would this be suitable for this scenario?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

scribing is best option here

pencil and coping saw, i have used jigsaw

cut one end flush to wall and butt the other corner up against get pencil and mark outline then cut

Advertisement