Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kudos to Papa Johns

Options
  • 31-12-2006 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

kudos indeed to Papa Johns in LIM.

First time ordering tonight with some friends for our poker game.

Order was 40 mins late, wrong dips and wrong drink.

Add to that, upon starting into the wedges, we found turned out to a battered prawn with what looked like celotape attached to it. :eek:

I r teh allergic to any type of fish/seafood so I rang back and complained.

They close at 1.00am I believe at the weekend, but just there at 1.30, the delivery guy was back with a whole new order.

kudos indeed.

pics to be attached of foreign object asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So are you citing incompatence or satisfaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bit of both actually.

Incompetence at the prawn, but the gratitude was solid.

1d4daa671d1fd60f1556.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Customer care.

They're going to do really well over here, for real.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Just to play the devils advocate here... a company does you wrong (How a prawn ended up with wedges I dunno, wrong drink, wrong dips) and your posting to say 'kudos' to them.

Sure we got new pizza and stuff at a (frankly) unreasonable hour, but surely it shouldnt have happened in the first place?

Have to agree with Petee.
    I would have simply refused the order and not paid.

• Advertisement

Aye, shouldn't have happened, but the Customer Care is more what the thread is about. :)

C'mon Mr. D. Advocate, you know what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

[strike]PM if you'd like this shifted to consumer issues or a regional forum or something.
    As it is: Lock-ed.[/strike]

Moved to appropriate Regional forum from AH, with redirect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Thats a disgrace. There is no way in hell I'd pay for the meal after that fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Ordered from Dominos the other night.
    First off somebody with bad broken English answered the phone.
    It took me nearly ten minutes to explain what I wanted and where I lived.
    Twenty minutes later I got a call from the delivery driver.
    More broken English.
    He of course, didn't know where I lived!
    That's bad enough, but he didn't know where Mulgrave Street, William Street or Childers road where either!
    I mean come on FFS!
    Why is he delivering if he doesn't know where anywhere is?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

but he didn't know where Mulgrave Street, William Street or Childers road where either!

Where are those streets ? ...... :confused:

(I'll get me coat !!!! ..... :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Me and a few of friends recently ordered a pizza meal deal from Apache Pizza in Henry Street. 16" all meat pizza, 4 cans of coke, wedges, chicken dippers with 2 dips and chicken wings all for €25 including delivery. Took only 20 mins to arrive and the food was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah, the service in Papa Johns (Limerick anyway) is shocking alright!

We had heard good things about PJ and happened to have a flyer knocking around the house.

Twas the only reason we ordered.

Normally order Apache and will stick with them after that.

Point was, as crappy was the service was initially, dispite them closing a few mins after I rang, I had a full new order delivered as comp.

That was good service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Ordered from Pappa Johns for the first time last week.
    It took an hour and a half to get to us. Bearing in mind that the pappa
    johns is only next to the Unicorn in dooradolyle and I am living in dooradoyle.
    about a 1000 yards from where I live. Would have walked down to collect
    but it was raining and I dont have a car.

Similar problems with ordering straight from the menu but yet whoever
    answered the phone taking my order spoke in broken english and had not got a clue what I ordered or where I lived even though I explained very simply very slowly and several times. (even without english as the first language you would think staff would be trained up to be able to at least recognize the menu!!!)

The Food was crap I ordered a BBQ pizza on two different nights
    and it still came with NON-BBQ sauce......
    but the cheezy Garlic bread was great and better than other places.
    So far Nothing at all beats 4-star when it comes to a BBQ pizza.

I have no problem with non-nationals working here but I am sick and tired
    of trying to order a simple Pizza or hamburger and having the person taking
    my order not have a clue what the hell I am trying to order or understanding a
    word I say. I am always polite and understanding unlike other people I see
    that complain outright but frankly my patients are wearing very thin.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

bullets - I agree with what you're saying 100% - anyone answering the phone should have a basic knowledge of English and anyone on deliveries should know the locality.

BUT (and sorry here, but it is on your topic) based on the fact that the whole subject of you post is about understanding English, I've gotta laugh at your last sentence :D

I gather you're a doctor who doesn't recommend the Pizza and hamburger diet to those who come to see you ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sgt. killalot

never had a bother with papa j's pizza especially the service, yer right its annoying that they have a hard time understanding folk at times but they're always friendly at least

Liam Byrne wrote:
    I gather you're a doctor who doesn't recommend the Pizza and hamburger diet to those who come to see you ? ;)
    No no, they were fatty's who lived off junk food. Now he has them on a diet of ordering from Papa Johns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bullets wrote:
    So far Nothing at all beats 4-star when it comes to a BBQ pizza.

No way, Dominos Texas BBQ all the way man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Papa Johns - Bad

Apache - Good

Dominos in Town - Bad

Dominos in Castletroy - Good

Godfather Pizza - Haven't tried it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

kaimera wrote:
    We had heard good things about PJ and happened to have a flyer knocking around the house.

Twas the only reason we ordered.

Normally order Apache and will stick with them after that.

Point was, as crappy was the service was initially, dispite them closing a few mins after I rang, I had a full new order delivered as comp.

That was good service :)

Had you phoned them with your order a few minutes after they closed in the first place, and they still took your order, that would be good service. Brilliant in fact. It would mean that they did you a favour by taking your order outside of their business hours.
    As it is, you got rubbish service. You ordered a delivery of food, and it arrived very late. They must have a conscience (sp?) though, seeing as you got the food in the end. If thats the level of crap service your're happy to pay for then i'd hate to see what'd actually piss you off!! It amazes me how people settle for poor standards just because it seems to be the norm nowadays. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

chrislad wrote:
    Papa Johns - Bad

Godfather Pizza - Haven't tried it yet
    ]
    I wouldnt use them ever again after last night. Used them 3 times and every time they have got the order wrong for delivery so last night (with an expected 45-50 minutes delivery time) I said Id collect it and again got the order wrong.I checked before I left the shop and got nothing but attitude from the satff there when i complained. 6Eu for a few chicken nuggets as well is a rip off. a piss take in fact. The pizza was nice but tiny.
    apache will be getting my pizza orders from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

How anyone can eat Apache pizza I don't know. The cheese is rotten and the place is filthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I have to disagree with you, the food is lovely, the service is top rate, the offers are fantastic, and the staff are the most polite and nicest people i've ever dealt with, Keep up the good work apache!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Do Apache deliver to Castletroy?

Tried Godfathers. Pizza was rotten and chips are brutal. arrived on time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I have to say the Godfather's food I had in Renelagh was great but haven't tried the Parkway yet..

Apache is great and fast

Dominos: Delicious but slow as snails and no knowledge of English amongst the staff

Godfathers is the best in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

chrislad wrote:
    Apache - Good

Dominos in Town - Bad

Dominos in Castletroy - Good

Reflects my opinon. I like Apaches I'm sure there not the best for you with all that cheese but I don't think its fair to say the place is filthy! They staff are very nice there and it is good value. I wouldn't mind an Apaches in Swansea!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

why has no one mentioned the pizza hut ,by the south court...
    we absolutely love the place..

staff are great, food always fab , never a wrong order, mind you i'm always waiting as they don't deliver out of town...

great family deal too.

large pizza ,2 litre of coke, garlic bread and any other starter...22euro

we get a margherita so they give us an extra starter

Advertisement