Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fish Restaurant in Dublin

• 31-12-2006 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can I have recommendations for the best fish restaurant in Dublin? It will have to be a place that does a Saturday lunch trade.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Mackerel, off Grafton. Wee bit pricy, but well worth the money every time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I like Ouzo's in Ranelagh or Baggot St (I think). They have their own fishing boats so that the catch of the day is in fact whatever they caught the most of that day.

They do a mean set of crab claws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have heard good things about Cavistons in Glasthule and King Sitric in Howth but I have never been to either, probably as I personally _detest_ fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Wasn't mad about Mackerel myself. Thought the food was a bit rushed and atmosphere cafe-like. Not a fish restaurant as such, but I've found that the Pearl Brasserie in Merrion Row usually has a good selection of fish food and is always excellent.

Frank's at Grand Canal Basement does similiarly.

Advertisement