Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Delayed in EU till September '07???

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Recent signs suggest that they will launch in March. There seems to be plenty of stock in the US and Japan so they're obviously not struggling to meet demand there anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

The only thing worrying me, is that it's now getting well into January and there has been no date given yet.Is there any events coming up soon that indicate our date been given then??
    I remember reading the eurogamer article live when Nintendo were announcing all the EU details for the Wii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

The only thing worrying me, is that it's now getting well into January and there has been no date given yet.Is there any events coming up soon that indicate our date been given then??
    I remember reading the eurogamer article live when Nintendo were announcing all the EU details for the Wii.

every year sony hold two events in the february/march time of year. given their aims, i'd say feb is when they'll both happen. devstation always happens in feb (an event for developers working on all sony platforms, big announcements are made there, but in "secret") and then there's sony's playstation party thing which involves the press.

most of the talk is the 3rd of march anyway (3rd of the 3rd, or in sony marketing speak //////7)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ur all gonna buy it one way or another, its got gta 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is GTA4 a PS3 exclusive? I thought it was coming out on the 360 at the smae time? Which would have been a bit unusual!

• Advertisement

im not sure?
    i know wiis selling bundles in japan now but anyone remeber when new final fantasy10 came out for ps2? there qere incredibly massive queues !
    FF12 for ps3 will do the same.

unless microsoft got the rights aswell? not sure, thought sony had thing with rockstar

GT4 is coming out on the 360 as well with exclusive episodic content. Final Fantasy 13, well that's another matter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

It would be a first anyway, if its true.....hopefully it is, so i dont have to buy a PS3 :p

Vyse, you got a link for that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

#Elites wrote:
    in my "eyes" March is a bad date to release.. 3 months after xmas? people would have gotten the 360/Wii..but then again Sony cant wait another year for the xmas slot..so..

PS3 Fail!

Why are eyes in "". I hope you're not trying to make a pun on the IDES of march:p
    FF12 for ps3 will do the same.

i don't see how, seeing as its a ps2 game

• Advertisement

sorry F13
    sheeshhhhh

GTA 4 is being released simultaneously on both the 360 and the PS3.
    Final Fantasy XIII and VS XIII are PS3 exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭andyps2.5

Personally I want Fall of Man or Killzone. Final Fantesy looks cool as well but like all final fantesy games there will a long wait. As for gta, well lets just say the huge maps idea is kind old news now.

I think Canis Canem Edit (Bully) showed us that having a big map like in San Andreas, doesn't really have as much of an effect as a smaller Map with excellent detail.

Don't get me wrong I thought how big San Andreas was, was brilliant.
    But a lot of it was just wide open spaces that hopefully on the next gen systems will be brimming with detail and things to do.

Also Metal Gear Solid 4 is another excellent Exclusive (As of now) and will also require a wait.:rolleyes:

The trailers of mgs 4 look cool. But so did 2 and 3 and they used to much money on graphics rather then a new story or gameplay. And fighting the bossess just got predicable and easy. Bosses sould make you act frantic and be hard to kill. In my opinion no sequeal is better then the original.

Metal Gear Solid 3 had a great storyline......
    And I have finished Metal Gear Solid 2 on all modes including European Extreme and got all the dog tags.....it was mad hard!

And have you tried Metal Gear Solid 3 on any of the harder modes?
    The bosses are very hard when you do that.

OK fair enough. mgs3 does have a good story line but I hate the fact its a prequel. I wanted to find out more about the patriots. The game talks about what they do but I want to know did they survive after 300 years and why after the ending in mgs2 does the series still talk about it. The prequel won't talk about those things after mgs2.

And in my defence. I never had the patients to go after each dog tag or frog.

That point was more so referring to the harder modes making the bosses much more along the lines of daunting foes.

And MGS 4 will be right up your street as it's taking place after MGS2.:D
    I guess I don't mind if it's a sequel or prequel as long as it's a great game.

Yeah it looks cool. but I wonder how its been changed. I mean couldn't just sneak past those giant robot-cow things. And the whole place look like a war zone. plus you've got some kind of sealth suit.

Advertisement