Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most memorable game intro's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

tman wrote:
    ah come on!
    that was an utterly abysmal intro, the acting was hammier than my crimbo dinner!
    Aww, no way... that remains one of my favourite intro's. Those wet sock puppets for dog's and of course...

AlbertWesker.jpg

emot-argh.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tman wrote:
    ah come on!
    that was an utterly abysmal intro, the acting was hammier than my crimbo dinner!

Thats what makes it brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I havnt played or seen it but I have heard Onimusha 3 had a great intro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All the onimusha intros are excellent. Capcom get Links Digiworks to do them. They also made the excellent Resident Evil Outbreak intro and, i think, the Resi 2 and 3 intros. They are the guys responsible for all the CGI cutscenes in FFVII and possibly VIII. Very talented bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I still have a soft spot for the intro to Baldur's Gate 1. It put Sarevok at the top of my "Really evil bad guys" list for ages.

And who can forget Myth- The Fallen Lords? The downbeat "last stand" atmosphere of the intro and all its mission briefings was just perfection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Father_Ted

Ahh Sarevok the memories, BG1 and 2 stole months of my life but they were good months..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

goldeneye on the N64 looking at the dam classic

star wars on the gamecube

give me time more will come im kinda blank atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

oh of course
    the resident evil series always the best intros
    especially REmake

halo had a good intro too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Rhyme wrote:
    Aww, no way... that remains one of my favourite intro's. Those wet sock puppets for dog's and of course...

AlbertWesker.jpg

emot-argh.gif

WTF? Wesker? Its all about the "mmmmmmbbbbbbarry BURTON!!!"

Greatest intros:

Outrun (for the music)
    Another world
    FFVII
    Gears of war (prison break level is quality)
    Thunderhawk
    Monkey island ("You look more like a flooring inspector!")

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just started playing Prey. Great opening, with Don't Fear the Reaper blaring out. Best FPS opening since HL2, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Wind Waker for the music, Escape From Monkey Island for the music and the general hilarity that ensues

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Father_Ted wrote:
    Just started playing Neverwinter Nights 2 in the last week or so and the intro battle with the Warlock is pretty special..

I actually thought it was pure pants. The whole "glowing lights=magic" thing is getting so old. NWN1 had pretty much the exact same intro except it was random fighter versus minotaur instead of random shiney fighter versus dark fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ah, the words ring clearly in my head...

"Street Fighter... ...EX... ....plus Alpha"

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Sarky wrote:
    I still have a soft spot for the intro to Baldur's Gate 1. It put Sarevok at the top of my "Really evil bad guys" list for ages.

And who can forget Myth- The Fallen Lords? The downbeat "last stand" atmosphere of the intro and all its mission briefings was just perfection.

Myth the Fallen Lords while not being the best game out there or anything, had by far the best mission intros of any game i've ever played. That sad, world weary voice really captured the game for me. It;ll mean nothing to anyone who hasn't played the game but I remember going into the final mission and the intro to the level had a character remark "Madrigal has fallen". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭dan_y

fallout and fallout 2 - the "war never changes" speech and the little 1950's duck'n'cover cartoons about life in the vault. the speech I think is one of the most brilliant and exacting monologues about war (even one of speculative fiction) ever written - not just for a game. and the cartoon are fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVtoVSzkJw

Mortal Kombat Deception. Game was excellent and the intro is better :) makes you want to play

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mortal Kombat Deception. Game was excellent and the intro is better :) makes you want to play
    I know this is just my personal opinion, but... just no.
    That intro is too long, the pace is too slow, and FFS -- that voice-over?
    *SNORE*
    Intros should be quick & dirty -- do some crazy camera cuts, crank up the sound effects, get my heart pumping!!
    In short: VF4 FTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ico, because it was sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I havnt played or seen it but I have heard Onimusha 3 had a great intro.
    Oh yeah that one was savage samonosoke(main character) takes down a flying airship full of demons with a couple of swords.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

God of War
    Sets up the game nicely... and what a bloody great game it is! (it'd have to be to drag me away from Zelda!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

Oh yeah that one was savage samonosoke(main character) takes down a flying airship full of demons with a couple of swords.:D

Onimusha 3 does indeed have a great introduction especially with the volume cranked up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5cnzbSg0gI

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loved the intro to Flashback and Syndicate as mentioned before.
    I really like extended playable intros such as the walk through mars base in Doom3, gets you in the mood as it were.
    The best intro of all for me is Road Rash on my trusty 3DO, I believe it also surfaced on the lesser PS! Rusty Cage by Soundgarden, it made a rocker out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

f.e.a.r. was very good

hlaf life 1 & 2 intro's very impressive also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Trilla wrote:
    MGS 2, Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil

Oh jesus christ the resident evil intro... I'm trying to think of something that was cheesier but I just cant doo it cap'n. The music, the "actors". Oh god I'm gonna take a cold shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

Try this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_6UJPkNHg

Onimusha 3 is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ocarina of Time for me,prob the best ending too ,11 minutes long.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NySnKrAeSNE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

The Silent Hill games were fantastic for intros. <shudders>

Did anybody play Hybrid Heaven on the N64? The intro to that was some bloke's naked arse in the shower. Good game nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Daddio wrote:
    The Silent Hill games were fantastic for intros. <shudders>

Did anybody play Hybrid Heaven on the N64? The intro to that was some bloke's naked arse in the shower. Good game nonetheless.
    Yip I was going to mention Silent Hill 2.Brilliant intro.

Advertisement