Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought I was going mad at 10:30 this morning..

Options
  • 31-12-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

At 10:30 I thought I heard a lawn mower! I looked out of the window and my next door neighbour walked past the window pushing his ELECTRIC lawn mower. It's pissing down with rain and there is a howling gale! He's just started doing his back garden now.:rolleyes:
    I made a short video and will be putting it on youtube a bit later!

Amazing!!!! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

kleefarr wrote:
    At 10:30 I thought I heard a lawn mower! I looked out of the window and my next door neighbour walked past the window pushing his ELECTRIC lawn mower. It's pissing down with rain and there is a howling gale! He's just started doing his back garden now.:rolleyes:

Post the link please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Will do.

I'm just about to capture to my PC and then will upload to youtube.

Uploaded the vid to youtube about an hour ago and it still says ..
    "uploaded - Processing, please wait"

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

kleefarr wrote:
    Uploaded the vid to youtube about an hour ago and it still says ..
    "uploaded - Processing, please wait"

:confused:

Looking forward to it.

It's finally here!!!!!

Happy New Year!!

It's New Years Eve, Lets mow the Grass!!!

:confused::D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

ahh very good - grass must look great now with leaves and bits of trees all over it.

does he go out-side during good weather

"monster house" comes to mind !!!

K

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

thats a good one just when i think i have seen it all something like that comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

That slow and determined walk whilst pushing the lawnmower, awesome! Methinks you live beside an axe murderer! Happy New Year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

I'm guessin his wife woke up in bad humour (hangover) and it was the best idea he had to get out of the house.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

what a moron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Irjudge1 wrote:
    I'm guessin his wife woke up in bad humour (hangover) and it was the best idea he had to get out of the house.:D

I bet your right. been there but not to those extremes lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Something drove him out there LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,583 ✭✭✭✭looksee

More likely wife cleaned the house to within an inch of its life 'for the New Year', then she looked out at the garden.....

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Eh nevermind the fact he's mowing the grass on New years eve. What about the fact he's out in the rain with an electric lawnmower remember water and electricity don't mix well wonder if he's surge protected? Probably not if he's stupid enough to be out mowing in that weather

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kleefarr wrote:

Is it not a petrol mower? I cant see the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

probly thats his new year's resolution! to keep the grass trimmed, no excuse, no matter what day, what weather! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He needed to "think". :p I notice he drove the thing right across the path and he's wearing a Parka. Thought they had gone the way of the dodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Stekelly wrote:
    Is it not a petrol mower? I cant see the cable.
    I can see the cable on the shot where the crazy fool is cutting the front lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

hmm, looks like a petrol mower to me, eith er way he is a determined gardener,
    its also piss hard to get grass cut when the grass it wet from dew, let alone raining

Mellor wrote:
    hmm, looks like a petrol mower to me, eith er way he is a determined gardener,
    its also piss hard to get grass cut when the grass it wet from dew, let alone raining

It was definitely an electric one. That's what amazed me the most. He had to keep turning it over after a couple of runs up and down the garden to clear the wet grass from underneath. I wonder if he turn the electric off when he did that??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Nimina

Hilarious!

Did you notice he's wearing FLIP FLOPS!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Flip flops! Haha.

I reckon he may have had a bit too much Christmas 'cheer' (legal or otherwise :D ) and then thought it a great idea to go out in the p1ssing rain and howling wind to mow the lawn - oblivious to the fact that it was electric mower.

Hero or muppet? - it's a fine line! But me, I'd sooner sit in front of the fire and watch TV on a day like that.

crosstownk wrote:
    Hero or muppet? - it's a fine line!

Muppet is my vote. Would have been strange with a petrol mower, but an electric one!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Just be sure never to let him borrow anything from you without you giving him a full set of instructions or even some do's and dont's!

I bet he flies kites during thunder storms:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

OMG!!!!!

It would be funnier if it wasn't so stupidily crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

I have it !!!! He got it in the christmas sales , and couldnt wait til the summer to try it out !!!!

I bet he flies kites during thunder storms:rolleyes:

Haha, using wire instead of string probably! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

"Alternative living".

This guy's got class !

• Advertisement

Not many of you guys have been clicking the "Rate it" link on the vid have you!

Video

Give it click when you have a look, pretty please! ;)

Advertisement