Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving in Clare Burren Sub Aqua Club

• 31-12-2006 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Burren Sub Aqua Club Open Night is at the Shamrock Hotel, Lahinch at 8pm on Jan 8th with try-a-dive in Lahinch pool at 9.30 pm. Best diving in Ireland is off the Clare coast and the best organisation to do it with is the Burren Sub Aqua Club. Contact 086 8180044 for details or just show up on the night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Is there much wreck diving up there or is it all scenic?

Ian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Kronos wrote:
    Burren Sub Aqua Club Open Night is at the Shamrock Hotel, Lahinch at 8pm on Jan 8th with try-a-dive in Lahinch pool at 9.30 pm. Best diving in Ireland is off the Clare coast and the best organisation to do it with is the Burren Sub Aqua Club. Contact 086 8180044 for details or just show up on the night.

From my experience down there it's all scenic, no wrecks. Though if there were any I'd be delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kronos

Borzoi wrote:
    From my experience down there it's all scenic, no wrecks. Though if there were any I'd be delighted

Yes, but what scenery! Wall diving to 50m out of Quilty, Burren undersea out of Doolin (+ miles of cave dives for the truly crazy), Wormhole at Inis More, the anaconda size conger at China's Hole.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Kronos wrote:
    Yes, but what scenery! Wall diving to 50m out of Quilty, Burren undersea out of Doolin (+ miles of cave dives for the truly crazy), Wormhole at Inis More, the anaconda size conger at China's Hole.....

Oh agreed, my favourite Irish location

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CJX-3X12

Where is China's hole? I've done a fair bit of diving around the area but never heard of it.

• Advertisement

Join our club and we'll show you! It's south of Doolin pier, just beyond Tra Leathan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CJX-3X12

Wouldn't have much interest in joining ye, I'm already in a club. Must check that out. Is there a sheltered gully there? Think I may have dived it before.

I think you've got it. See you in the area sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazy_hayzie

i'm a padi advanced open water diver from lahinch. who do i contact to join the bsac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

you will get a better response if you start a new thread
    bsac is the british club
    cft is the irish club. check their site cft.ie
    they have links and contact details for lots of clubs

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Not too many BSAC clubs in Lahinch...:D , but if you are determined to join BSAC suggest you follow the link below;

http://www.bsac.org/page/210/ireland.htm

Benny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

i'm a padi advanced open water diver from lahinch. who do i contact to join the bsac?

I take it when you say BSAC you're talking about Burren Sub Aqua Club....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazy_hayzie

yeah, sorry for the confusion, it was the burren club i was asking about. i'm thinking of joining a club instead of doing padi dives all the time and paying a small fortune for the courses...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kronos56

post removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Use the sticky provided

Advertisement