Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with belkin router

• 31-12-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I have a router connected with an ethernet cable to my main system. This router also connects to my laptop wirelessly.

I recently switched from ntl to bt for my broadband. The broadband works fine when connected directly to my computer. But when i attach it through the router it will not work. I went through the whole setup for the router a few times but still no connection.

I connected back up the ntl connection again through the router, and after running the router setup it works fine.

I have reset the router. I have left it unplugged for a few hours to fully reset it nothing seems to work. PLease Help

Forgot to say its a belkin wrt54gs router and a voyager 210 adsl modem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Have you a username and password for NTL in your router?
    If you have, you will have to clear them and set up your new username and password for BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I presume you mean you have a Linksys wrt54gs and not a Belkin wrt54gs ;)

Put the DSL modem into bridge mode. Then configure the linksys to handle the connection (PPPoE). Voyager manual should tell you how to get it into bridge mode. Read the FAQ stickied in this forum for more info on bridged modems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wacked

thanks irlrobins, bridging the modem did the trick.

Advertisement