Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

romania and bulgaria immigrants, ireland is lost forever

Options
  • 31-12-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

so romania and bulgaria are joining the eu today jesus i cant wait, cant wait to be swamped by all these roma knackers because that is exactly what is going to happen, and altought the irish goverment put in a clause that these new countries have to apply for a work permit to work here do any of ye really think this will make a difference?? answer no, because if you are from any of these new countries you dont need a work permit if u put ureself down as self employed also these new citizens of europe have all heard about ireland how its the most wealthy place in europle, you guys think we had it bad with the polish? well at least they work, you can expect to see thousands of roma begars and robbers on the streets of every city and town in ireland within weeks. ask any polish person you know, i know quiet a few, and they will tell you all about the roma gangsters and the bulgarian mafia, my god ireland really is screwed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

gary9112 wrote:
    you guys think we had it bad with the polish?

TBH no, not at all! Quite the opposite, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think the Polish have been really good for the country although the overall levels of immigration should be monitored and controlled on a social and economic scale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gary9112

dont get me wrong i like the polish people but not in such numbers, for example i perfer polish women over irish women, but alas that is not the point we need controlled immigration in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

sets clockwatch

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

gary9112 wrote:
    if you are from any of these new countries you dont need a work permit if u put ureself down as self employed

Thanks for the tip. I'll pass it on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ah I wouldn't worry about it, I think our indigenous scallywags have the ol' mugging and begging market cornered already.
    And even if we do receive some additional criminals, it'll at least increase competition and bring about new innovations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I don't know, I wouldn't be looking at the current state of crime in Ireland and think, that's a market I want to get into. Far too high a chance of a market collapse following a shooting to the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Actually, I was surprised at the lack of Polish people coming here, esp as at minimum wage is about 2 or 3 times more than they'd get, and they have massive unemployment in some regions.

Thus when Romania and Bulgaria join, Ireland may not be as screwed as you think. Hopefully, anyhoo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I was upset at first about loosing Ireland, but its ok I found it down the back of the sofa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

are calm and rational debates on immigration actually impossible?

thats not a relevant question to the op's ridiculous post, but we might as well talk about something. seriously, why can we never have normal debates on immigration? what is it that gets people so worked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

InFront wrote:
    are calm and rational debates on immigration actually impossible?
    I'd like to think we can but this thread certainly isn't it, given that it started out as the Forrest Gump of immigration threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement