Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Morning coming down

Options
  • 31-12-2006 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi Phantom

I listen quite a bit to the station and I think its great, there is room for improvement but you are doing the right thing in my book.

My big problem is Sunday Morning, a time when I'm up and about pottering around the house. But there is no sounds on Phantom just some awful natter about the history of pirate radio or something. How about some soothing sounds for those hungover listeners who have to make breakfast for the family. Maybe a folk show or some symphonic prog or something. There is plenty of yacking on the other stations so this could be a niche!

Cheers

Damonjewel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

sounds like you haven't listened to pearl's show yet from 11am? its exactly what you seem to be asking for! it was even called sunday morning coming down in the past! hope that's some help.
    The only problem I have with the anorak hour is that it's on too early, I love that show but miss it now as I have a lie in on Sunday mornings! I love listening to the old clips from pirate stations and it's important we don't forget the things people went through to get non mainstream music heard, I'm sure steve c has lots to say on the matter of living on a ship at sea for the cause!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Filthy Jeff

I love Pearl. The anorak hour can be pretty cool sometimes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 incident

The thing I find frustrating about the Anorak Hour is that often it can be genuinely fascinating, usually when there's a story to tell. Some of the shows focussing on Caroline / Laser / Nova and others have made great listening.

However sometimes the show seems to resort to playing blocks of 10 minutes of random DJ chatter from a random station somewhere in a random city, and that's when I start to lose interest in the show.

At the sort of time it goes out I guess that the audience would mostly be people making an effort to listen to the show.. I rarely hear the show anymore just because 9am Sunday is way too early.

I agree that Pearls show is the ideal Sunday morning tonic, and I'd think that 11am is just about right for a show of that nature, surely most people with a proper hangover aren't going to surface much earlier than that.

Advertisement