Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new years eve, what u doing?

Options
  • 31-12-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

just wondering what people are up to tonight if anything?

going out, staying in, going to a gig?

im at a bit of a loose end this year and possibly just looking for some inspiration :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'll be the lad doing the countdown come 12 bells...it'll be drunken DJing for me tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

I'll be at THE place to be on New Years Eve; The Saw Doctors in the Black Box in Galway...what a party :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

In bed asleep probably.
    New years is such a crock of shíte tbh, I couldn't be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

I Hate New years Eve it really is amateurs night (in Dublin anyway)
    I only go out if i'm asked to be the drunken DJ doing the countdown!
    Otherwise it's stay at home with a few beers & Clive James on tv!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Going to a party in my mate's house, should be a good laugh.

• Advertisement

By the way...don't use the vodafone free texts send later option. It aint working and all texts are being sent now. Bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Going to the Arc in Lucan. should be ****.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Going to a house party in Bray I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

House party in a friends house -- in the back arse of nowhere! Should be fun :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fade2black wrote:
    I'll be the lad doing the countdown come 12 bells...it'll be drunken DJing for me tonight.

Djing at home or out and about in one of the many wild pubs in Waterford City? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Supposed to be going to Howth then onto town.

Sully04 wrote:
    Djing at home or out and about in one of the many wild pubs in Waterford City? :P

In one of the town's larger pubs, you'll find me there every weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Will pubs be closing early because it's a Sunday or does New year's eve superceed that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Bank holiday Sunday so they can open later, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The last time I went out for New Years was in 1999 and it was a waste of time, so I'll be at home. Might go wild and have...a glass of red wine!:eek:

Ruu wrote:
    The last time I went out for New Years was in 1999 and it was a waste of time, so I'll be at home. Might go wild and have...a glass of red wine!:eek:

Ah so you DO drink. Just not much, or on the odd occasion?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Party in a friends house. Should be good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mates party, drunken djing meself, I look forward to a day of lugging amps, cdjs, mixers PAs etc around....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

A few cans and some anime I think. I know there's a house party on but...well there will be too many cocks present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sully04 wrote:
    Ah so you DO drink. Just not much, or on the odd occasion?!

Nah think Ned Flanders in the Vegas episode. :)

"I'll have a Shirley ... no, a Virgin ... no! Make it a children's ... Oh, what the heck, you only live once. Give me a white wine spritzer!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Working until 11, then over to a mate's gaff, then on to a pub or house party...
    Gonna have to be a good boy this year because I'm on call as well:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Either going into town with mates I went to school with, or staying in the area with people I used to work with.........

I can't decide! And my only nice pair of jeans are dirty, so that just further complicates matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Looks like I'm going into town (dublin). Never been in on New year's eve before. Just how ridiculously packed should I expect it to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm sure there is still time to wash and dry them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

im sick :( every body saw awwww.only for that it would be a wild party where we drink so much we count down for new years at miday the 1st ;) dam sickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Like alot of people just byob at a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Crucifix wrote:
    Looks like I'm going into town (dublin). Never been in on New year's eve before. Just how ridiculously packed should I expect it to be?
    Wouldn't bother tbh.

You'll pay in, and not be able to move wherever you are. Forget about drinking aswell, you won't get near the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I will be in my onsie watching telly and having a cup of tea. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

going to the pub then a house party in sandyford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Father_Ted

Was thinking about going out, but the bad weather, no taxis, getting ripped off,
    packed bars and nite clubs have turned me off. Might just stay in with a couple of cans of the black stuff..

Advertisement