Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new years eve, what u doing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ah Father Ted, would you get a grip of yourself and get yourself out tonight. Whatever about the weather, it won't be raining inside any of the night clubs, or taxis! It is meant to be calmer by then.

Me, I am going to a party. A gang of us are going to one of those organised hotel parties. It should be a good night, even if outside it is bucketing down and very stormy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Got 12 bottles of Samual Adams, and a comfy place on the couch beside the fire. Do me grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Going to the mother-in-laws, drinking lots of Guinness, coming home, sleeping with the missus. Not too shabby. The proper night out was last night when myself and herself went to see an AC/DC tribute band who frankly kicked ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Drinking with some friends at the house first and then hitting a club. Probably just go McGowans as I can walk home from it, I'd say getting a taxi tonight after a club/pub will be an absolute nightmare. Looking forward to it though, should be a great night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Not quite sure what I'm doing yet, but it should involve a significant amount of alcohol. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Father_Ted

Well said Flukey, still in two minds as of what to do. I know if I stay at home i'll be kicking myself for not going out as it hits midnite..
    If I go out i'll be kicking myself for not staying at home after waiting an hour to be served at the bar. Going to have to make my mide up fast.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Father_Ted wrote:
    Well said Flukey, still in two minds as of what to do. I know if I stay at home i'll be kicking myself for not going out as it hits midnite..
    If I go out i'll be kicking myself for not staying at home after waiting an hour to be served at the bar. Going to have to make my mide up fast.....

Flick a coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dinner and drinks at house party with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Father_Ted

Made a call and I am going out on the town :). What the hell it only comes around once a year.

What ever people are doing tonight I wish ya all a happy new year. Be safe and
    have a good one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I will be going to a nightclub that only opens twice a year once on St.Steve Day and then on New Years tho it wasnt open St.Steve this year. The place is a hole its like going back in time becasue the place hasnt been done up since the 90's and its way out of town. But yet everyone goes there on them nights :eek: should be a good night none the less was class last year! And this year I dont think I will be taking the 1:10min walk home.

BTW its in the Fairways for anyone around Dundalk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

rb_ie wrote:
    Drinking with some friends at the house first and then hitting a club. Probably just go McGowans as I can walk home from it, I'd say getting a taxi tonight after a club/pub will be an absolute nightmare. Looking forward to it though, should be a great night :D
    jayzis, forgot about having to get home...... Fook that, I'm stayin in Tallaght!

Im meant to be going out with a few friends but I'm too tired and starting to come down with a terrible cold so with luck i can convince my girlfriend to stay at the house.

Wow, long sentence

DaveMcG wrote:
    jayzis, forgot about having to get home...... Fook that, I'm stayin in Tallaght!
    I forgot that the Night Luas is still running, finishes after tonight I think.

Was actually meant to be going up to Galway for the night, was on the VIP for Cuba but thanks to the weather we didn't bother :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah, good old Cuba. You'll find me shaking that thang there most nights.

Ah, good old Cuba. You'll find me shaking that thang there most nights.
    Along with your Thai boy?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A that boy is not just for Christmas. He is for pimping too.

Everywhere in Galway is going to be absolutely mental, which is why I really just want to stay at home more than going out!

Yes, it gets very hectic, so I went to quaint little Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

working...joy

blahhh wrote:
    working...joy
    It could be worse, you could be Tar's Thai Boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Pub, club, then house party with the brand new auld doll. :)

Have a good one, boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Goin' over to the burd's gaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

doing what i do every day... TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah.. eh.. i've no idea since i just woke up 30 mins ago.... prolly hang around at home or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I'm taking a mental picture of my wallet filled with money so tomorrow morning I can stare at my empty one and have only good memories

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ruu will be making the first post of 2007... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

This year is actually really weird normally It's always a house party but the way things have turned out i have no idea what im doing at the moment its 4 of us (2 couples) coming to mine and then maybe hitting town, but the other lot arent too enthused, otherwise its house party in sutton but it will be a nightmare to get home from, otherwise meet up with the lads who are at a house party in a friend of my exs, where I shall be set upon straight away if anyone was to see me (or my girlfriend for that matter) and turfed out the front door by angry women....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

astrofool wrote:
    He's over in the states, so is at least 5 hours behind us...
    The Oz boardsters will prolly be the first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Sweet **** all, couldn't be arsed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

First year I've stayed at home in a long time.... think I'll just watch O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Podge and Rodge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

astrofool wrote:
    haha undoubtedly.

Advertisement