Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new years eve, what u doing?

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm sick so will be staying at home! Boo! Had wanted to go to galway for a big new year's eve party my friend was having.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

off to the club of love that is 92 to find a nice youngun to ring in the year with a bang <ahem>

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

off to the club of love that is 92 to find a nice youngun to ring in the year with a bang <ahem>

oh god the horrible horrible memories of that place, do the carpets still stink?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dinking some good wine, bad bad doritos (they go straight to your spare tyre ya know) watching O' Brother where art though and maybe podge n rodge later if I'm not too pissed by then. Almost drunk now so I hereby disown myself from any further posts on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'm working... fun fun! I'll ring in the new year on Tuesday night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭custardcreams

im skyping with my girlfriend who lives in macedonia - drinking moosehead beer and wearing spandex..oh yeah! skype sex rocks!

bit too much info....but there you go..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sitting alone in my sisters place drinking heineken, listening to loud music and reading boards! I cry!

Nah, I jest on that last part. I've invites to a couple of parties but none of them sound like much fun so I'm skipping it this year. Just finished reading an awesome novel and am now forced to a) go to bed, b) watch stupid new years-related TV, c) read boards or d) go visit one of the hookers on Baggot St bridge (nice and handy, 3 min walk).

Obviously, again I jest on that last part... I'm sure they aren't working tonight.

listen man ..town would be a pit of phelgm,fat burgers, stinky torn tights, mascara running, piss stained, bo pasty faced women, snotty nosed, farting ego maniacal morons and its pissing cold...not even the slaves to the hump trade will be bearing anything in this freeze..you well off! consider your situation. Im just thinking about the archtype homeless fella who will brave the freeze for a few schellels onthe bridge. My ex gf used to cry passing them ....she was a social worker so i think she has got someway immune now.

moosehead is the business..its that canadian beer! very good in bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm having the best new years.. told the missus I don'y want to live with her anymore so she's pissed off to her brothers house and I'm home alone now... excellent

• Advertisement

double edit... Legend!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

listen man ..town would be a pit of phelgm,fat burgers, stinky torn tights, mascara running, piss stained, bo pasty faced women, snotty nosed, farting ego maniacal morons and its pissing cold...not even the slaves to the hump trade will be bearing anything in this freeze..you well off! consider your situation. Im just thinking about the archtype homeless fella who will brave the freeze for a few schellels onthe bridge. My ex gf used to cry passing them ....she was a social worker so i think she has got someway immune now.
    Actually the parties were all house parties! They still sounded dull. Even though I'm only 15 mins walk from Grafton St I still wouldn't even consider going into town on new years, its ridiculous.

I've decided to battle with my malfunctioning iTunes for the evening. Maybe read last week's Irish Times. I don't know if I'll have enough time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Ah it's been coming a while.. Doing my head in so she is. Unfortunatly I had already had two cans so I can't drive anywhere and there's no way I'm using any form of public transport today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Generally, I don't really care about new years eve.

well you couldnt have picked a better time....and feck it drink up lad ..put on the stones - exile on main street and chill ---

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Well I would have been out but got hit by cold and flu in the last 48 hours so can bearly leave my bedroom never mind the house.
    Meh but hey I am starting to feel better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I'll be making the first post of 2007 if I time it right

edit: DOH. I'll have to settle for last of 2006 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

astrofool wrote:
    Ruu will be making the first post of 2007... :)

Missed it, ah well not 2007 here yet there is still time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ruu wrote:
    Missed it, ah well not 2007 here yet there is still time. ;)

Where is here?

Illinois, US (-6 hours from zee GMT)

• Advertisement

Oh cool, so you are just warming up to go on the lash then!!!:D :D:D

Sparking red grape juice (no alkeyhol for Ruu..ever), who knows what will happen.:eek: Going wild tonight, could have a rowdy moderator later on! :) Off the phone from the folks back in Ireland and sounds like they are having fun and plenty of drinkies, thats what its all about. Mind yerselves everyone and come home in one piece, please.

Lolz you may still get a hangover from the tannin in the juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

was walking up Georges St (Dublin) around 12:30 and the Gards had closed off the street, fire engine outside The George and Garda 'Do Not Cross' tape at the doors and pillars around the pub.... seemed to be a lot of glasses out around it. Anyone know what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

an impromptu gay pride parade?

I spent midnight reading boards (an improvement upon my usual ritual of sleeping for the transition), and didn't realise it was new years until the students next door gave a shout. Perhaps my new years resolution should be to become more sociable on such public occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

2 Garda cars and a riot van outside the Metro in Tallaght village tonight at 1am. At least 7 Gardai in the place kicking everyone out.

Ridiculosa! Steer clear of the place until they hire more staff. Only 5 bar staff on tonight, with at most 3 serving (the rest managers or whatever). 2 bouncers working (hence the Garda backup), and no lounge people to pick up the empty glasses, so they ran out of pint glasses.

Super unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

spent my new years in a cold bath.. crying.. :p

Nah, I went for a marathon walk along the beach by myself, at 11 - which was nice, because I cant do that at home, and I got to avoid all the niceties of wishing people a happy 2007, when I secretly hope they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Originally thought I'd be spending it at home, but ended up going out to the pub in the end... was only a ok night tho, and the 3 pubs I were in (not City Centre admittedly) weren't that busy surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Rang in the new year on the roof top of my friends villa, in the Algarve.
    His villa overlooks the beach, and we had the best view of the coolest fireworks display I have ever seen!

Best New Years - EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Went to McGowans in Churchtown, place filled quickly but getting a drink was surprisingly easy. Ran into loads of people I know, scored and got drunk (but not too drunk) then had a few friends back to the house for champagne. Great night overall, dying today though...think I'll take a few weeks off the drink after consuming a ridiculous amount throughout November and December.

Advertisement