Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL UK and XBox live

Options
  • 31-12-2006 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm having a problem with hearing people on NTL UK since the change over. I never used to have this problem and other people on NTL ireland dont seem to have it. Has any one else had a similar problem and will ringing up NTL solve the problem.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Hi MetalG, NTL UK and NTL Ireland are now separate companies and have been for almost 12 months now, with NTL UK being owned by Virgin and NTL Ireland being owned by UPC Europe. So you can't really compare them.

You would be much better off looking for answersabout NTL UK here on this site:
    http://forums.ntlhell.co.uk/ as most people here would have NTL Ireland and not UK.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MetalG

My bad i didn't explain the problem too well. i know all about the split and thats the problem. i'm having what appears to be router conflict on xbox live with people on NTL uk since the split. i'm on NTL ireland but other people on NTL ireland i talked to are not having this problem. people on NTL uk cannot join game roooms i set up and i cannot join them. if i do manage to get into a room where the host isn't on ntl i cant hear anyone in the room that is on an NTL uk connection. could it be an ip or dns problem i'm having.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NTL Uk and NTL Ireland should now have different routing tables , it seems like the UK routers think you are on the NTL network still.

Get a UK customer to check the route to your current IP address and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I would say odds are, this is a ping issue. Dont be surprized to see a few hops over the lenght and breath of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

probably the usual dodgy routing again, i can almost bet that the people in the UK end up goining through poland/amstredam which is where things seem to go hairy generally

• Advertisement
Advertisement