Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia 7300GS equivalent XFire cards

Options
  • 31-12-2006 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a 7300 nvidia in my computer, and was wondering if I should replace it with a pair of cross fire cards, the mobo supports it.

What's the most popular pair of ati cards for use in a cheapo xfire gaming set-up?

Thanks
    TS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The following (cheap'ish) cards can be combined into Crossfire mode;
    X1300
    X1600
    X1650

Of course unless you can acquire those cards quite cheaply it would be better to get a single more powerful card.

The cards need not be of the same vendor e.g MSI or Powercolour will work fine with each other, also no dongles or adapters are required for these GPU's as it transfers the data over the PCI-e bus.

For instance two X1600 cards for €90 a piece is till not quite as good as a single X1950 Pro or 7900GS, the only main benefit from the X1600 Crossfire setup would be that the minimum frame rate tends to be higher on dual GPU setups.

Also a single 7600GT would still be a better buy than a X1300 Crossfire setup.

Going dual-GPU really only tends to work when you already have one of the pair in the system to begin with otherwise single higher end cards always work out faster for the same price as the cost of two lower end cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brom

hi, can anyone help me out with this:
    i have 2 512mb sapphire radeon X1300 pci-e graphics cards, could anyone tell me how to set these 2 cards up as a crossfire setup because its all new to me and i aint got a clue,i have an ati radeon rdx200 crossfire ready motherboard. any help will be much appreciated. many thanks. BROM.

Advertisement