Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McMahon getting sued by Turner!!

• 31-12-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

It turns out the WWE is being sued by Cartoon Network (which is owned by 'Billionaire Ted') cos of the WWE.com cartoon about Vince's ass!

Full story here:http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=169590937

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

It is true that WWE (and not McMahon) is being sued by Turner Broadcast Systems. However, Ted Turner himself is in no power of control over that company anymore and has very little to do with it. So WWE itself isn't even being sued by Ted Turner.

The real angle to this story is that supposedly Michael Cole is up sh*t creek because he oversaw this whole production and is in charge of wwe.com, where the cartoon was airing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yea, I just found out that Turner wasn't in charge of Turner Broadcasting any more, so apologies for the mistake!

Pity about Cole really, but his job on commentary isn't on the line, so it shouldn't hit him too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nevermind the fact that they ripped another show off, the whole idea of the WWE cartoon was one of the stupidest they've ever had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Michael Cole is in charge of wwe.com?

Mossy Monk wrote:

Yea, he was put in charge about a year ago (I think). Hopefully, he'll stay, cos he did some good stuff with the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Mossy Monk wrote:

I think he still is. I never heard he was replaced and at the Tribute for the Troops show he was doing loads for wwe.com

The thing I remember most from wwe.com from 2006 was reporting Corporal Kirchener had died and later on didn't publish a retraction after they found out he was still alive.

The problem with wwe.com is one day it wants to play to the storylines and the next it wants to be the wrestling observer site or whatever. They should do one or the other well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i think it should play less to the storylines myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The problem with wwe.com is one day it wants to play to the storylines and the next it wants to be the wrestling observer site or whatever. They should do one or the other well.

I think to some degree they try to report real news to pander to the online community but on the otherhand they are aware that wwe.com is probably the only wrestling website that children and casual fans will check out and therefore they don't want to alienate that group. The format though doesn't work and I dont think they would ever make it a site like the observer so realistically they should adopt their old format and stay kayfabe. Presently I would rarely use wwe.com as a source for wrestling news.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Minto wrote:
    Pity about Cole really, but his job on commentary isn't on the line, so it shouldn't hit him too hard.
    I wish it was on the line, that guy wrecks my head every time I watch SD. I would prefer to just let JBL rant on for 2 hours instead. That would be way more entertaining!

I would personally find it a lot more entertaining, but from the little SmackDown! i've watched lately, JBL needs Cole so he can rip the piss out of him, thats why I hop his job isn't on the line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Remember the report of the backstage fight between Booker and Batista?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Anything that involves Booker and Batista together is best forgotten very quickly.

Advertisement