Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling WOW

Options
  • 31-12-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Is it possible to sell WOW on as a second hand game?

If I have it uninstalled can the potential buyer use the cd key and play the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hmm, I don't think so. I think the CD-Key is registered to your account/character. If you were to sell your account/character, it would be against WoW ToS and if caught you would be banned permanatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Deaddude wrote:
    Hmm, I don't think so. I think the CD-Key is registered to your account/character. If you were to sell your account/character, it would be against WoW ToS and if caught you would be banned permanatly.
    Chances are you'd never be caught though. There are always accounts for sale on Ebay, so if you have any high level characters on the account sell it there. If the account only has low level characters, then it's not going to be worth much at all, a new copy of the game is only 17 or 18 euros these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Would a lvl 29 Warlock and a lvl 14 Druid make me any money?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Most likely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

unless you know someone that wants to buy it for below retail value your out of luck.

• Advertisement

Im going to add "Selling WoW" to my list of guides to make. Im going to buy a .com and hosting. wow-guides.com ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

i gave away my 44 priest .. got bored with the game RL called

[DF]Lenny wrote:
    i gave away my 44 priest .. got bored with the game RL called

I think thats what happens with most people.

I'm selling it on eBay and a buyer wants to know how they'd purchase game time if they have to log on my account!!

I'm so confused! This doesn't mean they'd have access to my credit card details would it? Would they only be able to use those game cards?

But the listing is running right now....and I can't do anything about it....

Could the buyer have access to my credit card details?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

yeah the billing will continue, youd prob need to cancel your subscription and let them restart it themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I sold mine months ago on eBay.. stopped playing ages ago and I stopped the subscription... I thought they could just install the game with the CD key and start playing.

Turns out they needed my username and password as well, they couldn't create a new account with the same CD key.. but that was all. Blizzard even kept my character alive, so they got a nice high level druid for the price.

These days I see that WoW is going for the price of one month's subscription so it's hardly worth selling a second-hand game, unless you find some poor clueless soul to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maxfusion

< Don't mind me, I'm full of crap! >

Advertisement