Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Years' Day Prem Thread (Scores and Anadin included)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

1-0 newcastle,milner,cracker.

Bateman wrote:
    :(

He'll be back when it matters. :cool:

Yeah,next season,along with John Terry:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Milner!!!!! Get In!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah,next season,along with John Terry:rolleyes:

Eh, he'll be back for the quarter final of the CL, at an optimistic guess.

Given again!

Get in Scholesy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

1-1 scholes

Some game now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Scholes 1-1

Scholes second goal,disallowed for offside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Newcastle lucky not to conceed again. Dodgy marking. Was it Scott Parker that was tracking Rooney? Why the hell did he follow the ball when it was passed to Ronaldo with a man alreadyon him, it left Rooney free so Ronaldo just gave it back to him and he was in loads of space. Amateur stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wtf, Solskjaer doesn't even make the bench? Seems bizarre, especially seeing Saha going off injured, what a blow.

Van Der Sar saving at point blank from Sibiesrski, Ronaldo shoots over 5 seconds later on the counter, the little Jap hits the post, great game at the moment, Newcastle more than living with United, but they could self destruct any minute; the second they stop closing down Rooney and Ronaldo, they will get murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Man U's attitude in the first half was all wrong.
    A very sloppy performance .
    They are trying to just do enough to win.
    Better pick up in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He is actually Korean. Newcastle are closing us down well. I think we will win it second half and I'm glad Ronaldo has being moved to the left.

I missed most of the 1st half, is Larsson available for Utd yet?

• Advertisement

Phillip Albert lost weight since his playing days?:D

Wasn't Larsson touted all along to make his debut in the cup next week? Not sure why he wouldn't be available here, probably can't be registered as today isn't a working day?

I know he's Korean, it's a figure of speech. :)

Stekelly wrote:
    Phillip Albert lost weight since his playing days?:D

LOL, he probably gargles less than he did when he was there; on the Broon Ale all the time. :D

Scholes!cracker!

2-1 scholes again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

24 seconds into 2nd half.

How many he got vs them now?

kdjac

1-2 Scholes. You can tell Newcastle work on picking players up. What did they think Scholes was hanging round that area for?:rolleyes: it's not rocket science people. 3 players standing round Ronaldo and scholes takes his time to wander around for a good position.

Cech would have saved it.:)

Stekelly wrote:

Agreed. :) Maybe it's just hard to see on all the replays, but it didn't look as if it got a deflection. Did Given just get his footing wrong I wonder? In his defence, his defenders were blocking his line of vision.

There are enough goalscoring midfielders in the Premiership to suggest that defenders have it tough in that particular league; I wouldn't be too harsh on the Newcastle defence for their performance today; there were 3 of them closing down Scholes for his first, but he was still able to get the shot away; his talent methinks, not necessarily their ineptitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stekelly wrote:

There wouldnt have been a shot to save.

kdjac

The first was taken well. But the second was just a ball layed back to an unmarked player. One of the 3 players marking Ronaldo should have the cop to check and peel off to pick up someone on the edge. There was no Newcastle players in that area, it's lethal to do things like that.

Someon needs to take responsibility for things like this.

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Touche.

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

There would if Boulabus was playing.

Did i not see something on the news during the week that Neville was going to be out for a few weeks?

2-2

balls,2-2

Can Scohles claim that for his hat-trick? :D

• Advertisement

Game on. Another one in it yet. :)

Rooney should've scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Bateman wrote:

I know he's Korean, it's a figure of speech. :)

That you should refrain from using if you know what is good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis over 2-2 good result for Chelsea.

Mike.

Plenty of goals on MOTD tonight.

40 pts from 22 games. I reckon would could win it with 88 points.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fair result in the end, some woeful finishing from United, Saha and Rooney especially have to really pick up their finishing in one on one style situations, it's currently just not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Huge result for Chelsea. Any ideas on how long Saha is out for? Larson and Ole will be playing all of the matches now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I suppose us man u fans shouldn't be too disappointed with 10 from 12 points over the Christmas/new year program. We really should have claimed 3 points from this evenings game though. I felt that rooney had a stinker and Ronaldo lacked that final ball which he has been providing for the last few games. Still though assuming Chelsea over come Villa tomorrow night, we will have increased our lead over Chelsea from 2 to 4 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

You could see from the start of the match tonight United felt all they had to was show up and walk it, it's this attitude I feel will cost them the title, that early 2nd half goal resulted in United hitting their comfort zone gain. Not good enough. Ferdinand and Neville still look weak if the teams attack them, if it wasn't for the in-form Vidic I suspect United's goals against would be higher. Rooney, Fletcher and Park were utterly shockingly poor, ''player of the season'' Ronaldo wasn't up to much either. Scholes was United's only outstanding player tonight.

If Chelsea get into gear soon they'll take this title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Being the cynic that I am,I cant help thinking that United should be taking every point available while Chelsea have their big two injuries.You just know that Chelsea are going to come back with a vengence when Terry and Cech are back.

I thought United pushed on after going 2-1 up for about 5 -10 minutes and could easily have got another,but they seemed to try to coast a little bit after that and Newcastle always looked like they could sneak one.

Lets hope(from a United point of view)that Chelsea manage to drop more points before being back to full strength.United need as big a gap as possible before the Chelsea onslaught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Very dissappointed with the result. Showed great character to come back from 1-0 down and the first 20 mins of the 2nd half we were dominant, should have put Newcastle out of sight.

Totally agree with adox, this is Chelsea's bad batch and we need to make the most of it. The last few games we havent looked as tight defensively as we have all season so there may be further slip ups around the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You could see from the start of the match tonight United felt all they had to was show up and walk it, it's this attitude I feel will cost them the title, that early 2nd half goal resulted in United hitting their comfort zone gain. Not good enough. Ferdinand and Neville still look weak if the teams attack them, if it wasn't for the in-form Vidic I suspect United's goals against would be higher. Rooney, Fletcher and Park were utterly shockingly poor, ''player of the season'' Ronaldo wasn't up to much either. Scholes was United's only outstanding player tonight.
    My sentiments exactly,United's attitude tonight was atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

What a great result for Newcastle! We defended pretty well considering all the younguns and solano in our back 4! I thought edgar and solano kept ronaldo quiet the whole match which was great. Great potential with all our young defenders after a performance like that. When Man Utd got their second i thought a thrashing was coming but fair play to us because we kept our heads up and kept plugging away.

Howay the lads! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Henry is starting for Arsenal tonight. (i suppose it goes in this thread)
    ooooh also Hleb

Formation:
    Lehmann

----Hoyte----Toure----Senderos----CLichy

---Hleb----Fabregas----Gilberto---Rosicky--

Van Persie
    Henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What a great result for Newcastle! We defended pretty well considering all the younguns and solano in our back 4! I thought edgar and solano kept ronaldo quiet the whole match which was great. Great potential with all our young defenders after a performance like that. When Man Utd got their second i thought a thrashing was coming but fair play to us because we kept our heads up and kept plugging away.

Howay the lads! :D

Well done Newcastle.

I'd say I'm the only non Chelsea supporter on this board who wants Chelsea to win the title.

Here's hoping United will start to show cracks. Saha is apparently out for two weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

playa3 wrote:
    Henry is starting for Arsenal tonight. (i suppose it goes in this thread)
    Let's just hope he's fit and in the right frame of mind, otherwise he's not much use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's thinking of his move to Anfield! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lemlin wrote:
    Saha is apparently out for two weeks now.

Ah well, lucky we have Larson so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how are Arsenal not winning this?

the 1st 11 minutes suggest a handy win but that isnt always the case with Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think that's over the top.
    One goal was from a screamer, and the other was due to a massive deflection. Aside from that, Newcastle had in total 7 shots, compared to United's 18. United had 55% possession. 10 corners compared to one. United largely controlled the game.

It was a poor preformance from United in the end, but really only in terms of finishing.
    Ronaldo, who was average for him, set up two great chances, one for Rooney and one for Park, both of whom shoulda scored.
    Giggs shoulda scored.
    Saha shoulda scored.
    It was poor finishing that cost United in this game.
    Hopefully Ole and Larrsson can fix this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement