Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

robocop anyone see him

Options
  • 31-12-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

anyone seen him around i kinda miss him :(

for people who dont know robocop is a bum in galway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Can't say I have.

Surely his activities aren't as interesting as those of Knacker Dwarf?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya kd is a strange kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think I'm the only Galwegian who hasn't heard of this guy. What does he do exactly?

I like the bum that hangs out infront of Zhivagos playing air guitar all the time. Rock'n'Roll! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I think I'm the only Galwegian who hasn't heard of this guy. What does he do exactly?

I like the bum that hangs out infront of Zhivagos playing air guitar all the time. Rock'n'Roll! :D

That bearded fvcker? Hes a nasty cnut, far from just a harmless bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

padi89 wrote:

Yep, that's the fellow. Never said he was harmless, but he is entertaining. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I must be really out of touch.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

padi89 wrote:
    Why?
    I think he is the coolest of Galway's bums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Nah, Radio John is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

padi89 wrote:
    He nearly lost that beard one day to a blunt and a lighter. Not enough space for both the hair and the flame :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

In most cities bums are spat on, thrown in jail or beaten sensless by little Alex and his droogs.

However in Galway it seems bums are treated like minor celebs? A facinating and noble twist on the principle you have over there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

biko wrote:
    Why?
    I think he is the coolest of Galway's bums.

Tried to bottle a man a few days before Christmas,when he was asked politelyto move on as he was being a fvckin nuisance bumping into people.Gardai were called and he tried the same with one of the cops, he got dragged down Buttermilk Lane then where i hope he got a few belts of a batton, its what the cnut deserves.He has a very nasty streak in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

There is a reason they are called 'bums'. If they were nice people who went around being friendly and handing out sweets, they would be called 'pixies' but they are not. They drink petrol and wee in flowerpots and they should be banished to a remote island somewhere.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

There is a reason they are called 'bums'. If they were nice people who went around being friendly and handing out sweets, they would be called 'pixies' but they are not. They drink petrol and wee in flowerpots and they should be banished to a remote island somewhere.

'cptr

to ininsman:D can the travellers allso go pls :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Yeah.. I saw robocop there not too long ago, he was sporting a new blue woollen jumper which santa obvious left him (or he nicked) so the crazy foo' is still alive and kicking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Jamey wrote:
    Nah, Radio John is the best.

Who is he? Is he oldish, with stubble? wears a dull yellow jacket listens to a small silver handheld radio? Kinda pale tanned skin?

Pictures people!!!!!

Steyr wrote:
    Who is he? Is he oldish, with stubble? wears a dull yellow jacket listens to a small silver handheld radio? Kinda pale tanned skin?

Sounds about right!

Anybody care to update us?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

he's a horrible ****,
    one of the more bad minded 'minor celeb's' knocking round galway judging from my encounters with him,Hes usually sitting round oscar wilde on shop st these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

haha interesting

when i was down there last summer we encountered 2 memorable bums who tapped us for money while sitting outside the king's head.

one old woman with warts everywhere (even on her tongue)

the bald skinny guy, 45 ish i'd say (who was chatty enough, "he was a sniper in keady once") - is that robocop? bumped into him swigging a bottle of wine on the claddagh next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

can't place him, but i did see a character standing in the doorway of Lynch's castle who could only have been the Knacker Dwarf.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Whys he called Robocop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think I'm the only Galwegian who hasn't heard of this guy.
    You're not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There are some wonderful bums and hobos knocking around Galway. I too love the guy that hangs around Zhivago. And the radio men are so completely and utterly detached from reality it's like Katamari in people form.

OMG Pictures people im 100% Galwegian like Ken and Alan and i dont have a clue who your on about, i think the only bums we know are Knacker Dwarf and Dennis The Wino.

usually sitting round oscar wilde on shop st these days....

Nah man!

That's "Jack Charleton" a wino who gained his name by hassling people all throughout the world cup last summer. Always carried a ball with him, probably lost now

Anyhoo, he is a major wánker, he verbally assaults people as they walk by, he's really racist and sexist.

Unlike John, who is a gentleman of fortune!

junii wrote:
    Whys he called Robocop?

Because he walks like Robocop.

Honestly, that's the reason!

Also, he now refers to himself as Robocop, so i suppose there's no going back

He once tried to instigate the name "Psycho Cop" but it never caught on.

Now he can be heard chortling to himself and shouting, "Robocop's the only man for the job!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

theres a bum in galway that looks like this guy.....is he robocop?

slickmcvic wrote:
    theres a bum in galway that looks like this guy.....is he robocop?

No that's Terence Stamp!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I too am always intrigued by this whole bum fetish up in Galway. We only have one hobo in Cork that we all love but he has no original name, just the dancing guy. He does have a tin of snuff though that he sticks up his nose and says "lovely snuff" afterwards. Fine, smelly fellow.

On a side note i notice that whole bum fetish thing that i just typed, sounds like a grand gay scene you have up there!

• Advertisement

D-Generate wrote:

On a side note i notice that whole bum fetish thing that i just typed, sounds like a grand gay scene you have up there!

You just wish you had it down there in "Rebel Land"...

Advertisement