Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

robocop anyone see him

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Seems the chap I was refering to as "Jack Charleton" is actually named Mick Maher. He has approached me many times recently just wanting a chat... Reciting a bit of poetry, telling a few jokes and even asking me intellectual questions.

Pretty harmless, told me how he ended up on the streets.... So yeah... his name is Mick.

Oh.. And "Rory Gallagher" commented on a small ditty that i was singing yesterday, cheering me on and even joining in.

Robocop is still bantering about, i don't doubt that he'll be quite active during the Rag Week(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Because he walks like Robocop.

Honestly, that's the reason!

Also, he now refers to himself as Robocop, so i suppose there's no going back

He once tried to instigate the name "Psycho Cop" but it never caught on.

Now he can be heard chortling to himself and shouting, "Robocop's the only man for the job!!!"

Aparently he's called Robocop because he dressed up in a Garda uniform around 4 years ago and walked into Barcuba and said that he was here to inspect the club! He didnt walk like that at the time tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

fracture wrote:
    Aparently he's called Robocop because he dressed up in a Garda uniform around 4 years ago and walked into Barcuba and said that he was here to inspect the club! He didnt walk like that at the time tho.

Wow! I never heard about that!

What I do know however was, before he fell to the perils of alcohol he used to a security guard, back in the early 90's.

That was what he told me anyway and several other people who have come in contact with him have also heard that story. This may have had some influence on his nickname

So in retrospect, I think his name is attributed to various factors.

Advertisement