Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your least favourite subject?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

For me, it's maths, I absolutely detest that load of boll***s

Then again there's those who are the opposite, love maths and hate english. Depends on each persons frame of mind really..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

fonpokno wrote:
    does nobody hate biology? its like the stupidest subject on the planet! i dont care about how plants work....:(

I hate it too! The terminology sucks, (attenuating, instead of weakening etc.) and it's so..broad! I kinda had to pick it, because the other subjects in that block were aco*******, art and eh, construction. o_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

ENGLISH
    i hate english because the exam is so unpredicatble.
    paper 1:the comprehending texts could have absolutely ANY theme...and it could be one where you have absolutey no interest.the composing section can very easily go horribly,horribly wrong.
    paper 2: macbeth quotes are very hard to learn off.comparative study weve read our texts but havent answered questions yet.unseen poetry is a bitch,thank go its worth so little marks or id be screwed.and the prescribed poetry (which i think is probably the easiest section) can also go against you if the questions dont suit.
    at least in all the other papers you have some idea what will come up,but english is the exam where you can be least prepared and caught completely offguard,no matter how much work you do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

by farr hons. math. that subject is the most impossible, stupid,crap, **** subject in the world. i got an A in my jr. cert, and now im barely passing! crap teacher. i hate maths soooo much ahhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

andrew wrote:
    by farr hons. math. that subject is the most impossible, stupid,crap, **** subject in the world. i got an A in my jr. cert, and now im barely passing! crap teacher. i hate maths soooo much ahhhh!

Me too! Sometimes I think I'll actually fail the paper and repeating the LC is just too daunting to even consider. We've a crap teacher. I have to work my ass off to do well on class tests and I fail surprise ones. Studying just does not work - I can never remember how to do things and I have pushy, all-honours, parents
    Biology too - for the same reasons. I'd be pushed to pick which one I dislike the most.
    Our school gets a great press but the teachers are diabolical

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I can grasp the more practical parts of maths, such as probability, the line, the circle etc. But imaginary numbers and the like take the piss...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I hate probability. >.< Trigonometry is lovely so far, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I love probability, we did it in 4th year and I didn't get it, but now in 6th year I've had an epiphany and it's such an easy question now, and it's really quick to do too.

Trigonometry I've always liked too, and Applied Maths makes it easier also.

Ah Maths, I love it so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I've always had a bit of a belief-related problem with probability, (it either happens or it doesn't) so I find myself resistant to learning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I love probability! I absolutely hate Paper 1...out of the attempt six questions, I can do maybe 4, at a stretch. Paper 2 is much better, I mean, the statistics question- how simple!

(Yeah I'm talking about ordinary level)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I love probability! I absolutely hate Paper 1...out of the attempt six questions, I can do maybe 4, at a stretch. Paper 2 is much better, I mean, the statistics question- how simple!

(Yeah I'm talking about ordinary level)

We haven't covered probability yet but I've been learning it of my own accord and it looks fairly straight-forward. And yes Paper 2 is far easier than Paper 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ your in 6th year and not done it yet
    i always thought it was best to get the easy stuff done at the start

im in 5th year and its the teachers plan to get the whole course done in 5th year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Definately has to be history. so regret not picking business. its totally different to junior cert, theres just too much to memorise. wish i cud just learn big chunks of it and regurgitate it like in the old course, i hate this whole "answering the question" thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Your Man wrote:
    agree with you there...its a load of bollocks, some of the calculations on the experiments are impossible...theres no rhyme or reason to them, an example being the redox titrations, it doesnt help ive a terrible teacher

what are ya talkin about chemistry rules! i am still in 5th year though...

wow, that looks nerdier then it sounds... no wait it sounds nerdy too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Honours Biology.
    I just can't keep all that info in my head!
    Oh and I don't really like art history either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

ENGLISH!

I want to cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

andrew wrote:

Are we in the same class? lol

Advertisement