Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UK 'singles' chart from Jan 1st

Options
  • 01-01-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

The single is dead (we all knew that!) so from now on any track which is downloaded will count to the chart position as of Jan 1st. Could be a whole new era in popular music! Could it be the end of the X-factor type act as oldsters tastes are reflected by online purchases?.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I thought downloads already count towards the chart positions. Only because Natures Law by Embrace was pipped by some artist who I can't remember and I was gutted as were all Embrace fans at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Downloaded from where?

ho hummm:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

iTunes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Can you expand, please? iTunes' store, Napster presumably, and who else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

kensutz previously a downloaded track had to be commercially availaible as a single to qualify, now its anything - b side, ep track, album stuff - you name it.

Hell I could chart if I could get a track on a recognised d/l site like iTunes. (and if everyone on boards bought it of course!)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Daavid

And if radio stations still play chart music then this could mean the radio may be worth listening to again for the first time in years!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

mike65 wrote:
    Hell I could chart if I could get a track on a recognised d/l site like iTunes. (and if everyone on boards bought it of course!)

It is easy enough to get listed in iTunes. Try http://cdbaby.net/dd (It is a paid service though.)

Advertisement