Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0 is equal to infinity

Options
  • 01-01-2007 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

OK so here is the latest theory on life. i am finally going to take the time to write it down.

Ok to start, imagine a jar, this jar has EVERYTHING inside it, everything, infinity. so whats on the outside? nothing because everything is on the inside. Nothing is equal to 0, it IS 0. nothing = 0. Everything is infinity. everything= infinity. So if you have nothing on the outside and everything on the inside, you have a positive and negative relationship. Negative is 0. Positive is Infinity. Soo 0 is equal and opposite to infinity. grasp that?

Ok. so now, we can start with it.

You can't make something from 1, you have to have at least 2. Think about it, you can't take 1 brick and make a wall, you have to have at least 2, then it is a wall, 1 is just a brick. So you can't just have "God" or a "Creator" there had to be something before it, in fact there had to be two things before it, because you can't make something from 1, you have to have 2, and before 1 is 0, nothing. And you can't JUST have something to begin with, else what was before it? 0 is before 1, so in the beginning there had to be NOTHING, or 0.

In the beginning, before anything. Before "god", before the "cosmos", before EVERYTHING, there was nothing, there was 0. All of a sudden, there was a blip. This blip was when nothing realized it was 0, (which means that there has to be everything because 0 and infinity are the same but opposite, and + can't exist without -) and that Infinity was on the inside of that jar (the jar is not actually there it is a metaphor for the space between everything and nothing). There is now a - and + relationship between the outside and the inside. There is now something, this something is a relationship a positive/negative relationship, that something started from 0 just a blip, and since 0 is equally and oppositely related to Infinity, There was EVERYTHING, a completely random blip from 0. There was once Nothing, now there is Positive and Negative relationship,there is everything and nothing. At that exact moment that 0 realized that it was on the outside and that infinity was inside, Time began.

Time began the very moment the FIRST relationship ever started. The relationship of 0 and infinity. So now we have these 3 things, we have time, positive, and negative. So now we need to talk about TIME.

Time. So now we have -,+,and time. Imagine a magnetic flux field where each flux field has a positive side and a negative side on opposite sides of the magnetic flux field. So you have (- ||+ ) where || is the magnet. Now imagine a point that is equal and opposite on the flux field. So you have (on the positive side) our current time,and on the - side you have our equally anti or opposite time where everything is opposite and time is reversed. So now we have this demonstration of the positive/negative relationship and time, and how it all works.

Now we need to talk about the physical world that was created since everything and nothing are now co-existing.

First we need to say that to be tangible (solid, and touchable) the object must have THREE dimensions. height, width, and depth. Now there are four states of being for every one of those dimensions. (+,+) (+,-) (-,+) and (-,-). So we have 16 possibilities for all of the dimensions to be tangible. We have 4 for height, 4 for width, 4 for depth, and 4 for time. Remember, you can NOT have 2 objects in the same point, on the same time dimension. So there can not be two of you on the same time dimension, there can be a positive you and a negative you but not two positives and or two negatives. If something only has say 3 of the height width or depth possibilities but all of the rest, then what happens? well that would be a ghost wouldnt it? you would see it, but you could not touch it, you could not manipulate it unless you had something that is solid according to its dimensions. OH!!! WOW that would explain GHOSTS!wow i am smart lol. ok so now we have that.

So because Everything that could happen has happened, there are an infinite number of time dimensions with you in it, but you may be different , you may be a lamp a car or a molecule of some gas, you may have made a simple different decision that made a huge change, or it may have made a tiny change, we dont know, but in this one my friend, you are a human being, you share the same traits as i do, you have all the same dimensional properties as me and you can not grasp all of the other forms of you on other time dimensions. BUT everytime that you think about what could have happened if you had done something different you have grasped the path of one of your other time planes. SO why cant we see all of them then? well sit down and try to think about 0, try to imagine 0, see it feel it be it. Very likely, you cant. i say for you to think about 0 because if you try to grasp the concept of infinity, and really try, you will go mad ,think about it shortly, if you imagine infinity toothpicks, you would see a ton of little tips of toothpicks, so many that you would then see a ,what would appear to be, solid, then you would begin to see that solid as one very large toothpick, now you have to grasp infinity of those, you will keep seeing solids, and it will keep going and going and going, we as humans can not grasp infinity, we do not have the capability to harness that energy, though we can grasp 0 with lots of practise. So if you were to be aware of all your time dimensions, you would be aware of Infinity, and we cant do it. We as humans have engineered ourselves Not to be able to grasp 0 or infinity.

The reason to this is simple. If we became aware of our - self in this time dimension, we would seise to exist. what happens to -1 + 1? 0. we would just stop. dissapear, we would be no longer. So if we were able to do that, then there would no longer be a human race, we would all seise to exist. So when we do try to grasp infinity, we go mad, we try to absorb to much and we fry.

So what are we here to do then? What should you do in life? well. what would you rather? to seise? would you like to stop? or ENJOY life and continue living in denial of what is really out there? I see the story as the adventure, not the end. if there is no adventure, there is no end. make a good adventure, have a good story. I like good stories. so i make the best of every day that i can :) anyways.... i will continue to add and edit as i may, it is very hard to write it down as i see it but i have tried hard and will continue to improve.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. PLEASE ASK ME. i am only trying to help people live happily, if you dont believe this and are happy believing what you believe, so be it, in the end the only reason to live is to be happy and enjoy living. you cant live with nothing but good. there would no longer be good if you could, it would be a constant. and constants are boring. for there to bo a good, there must be a bad to compare it to. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

happy new year kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emoocrap

haha ty, you too. did you read it though? i would have prefered a reply on it lol :) i am looking for feedback, i have been searching online for 2 days now and i cant find any, even slightly, related links... so i am starting my own, to inform the world of my vastly crude yet complex theory, that if truly thought about, will drive a man insane :) hahaha. you know how over-contemplation, can do that to a poor guy with nothing better to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

while i find this compelling reading and incredibly interesting it still begs the question what the hell are you doing to be posting this at 00:45 on new years day?

btw :)

You can't make something from 1, you have to have at least 2. Think about it, you can't take 1 brick and make a wall, you have to have at least 2, then it is a wall, 1 is just a brick.

isnt a brick something? so 1 = something?

it is not new years here yet, i am in the us, washington to be more precise, and what the hell are you doing on the computer at "00:45" on new years day lol. and i was using the brick as a metaphoric symbol. and that is just further pushing my concept that there HAD to be nothing to start with. and yes 1 is something, it is 1, and you cant make another thing out of that 1, you have to have another one of it to make something. YOU SHOULD BE GETTING SMASHED, GET OFF AND TALK TOMORROW, AHAHA happy new years :) p.s. i am 15 lol. ahahahaha

• Advertisement

Emoocrap wrote:
    it is not new years here yet, i am in the us, washington to be more precise, and what the hell are you doing on the computer at "00:45" on new years day lol. and i was using the brick as a metaphoric symbol. and that is just further pushing my concept that there HAD to be nothing to start with. and yes 1 is something, it is 1, and you cant make another thing out of that 1, you have to have another one of it to make something. YOU SHOULD BE GETTING SMASHED, GET OFF AND TALK TOMORROW, AHAHA happy new years :) p.s. i am 15 lol. ahahahaha

yes i know the brick is a metaphore :) but someone had to ask that question ;)

and im at the computer because im taking a new years off this year, its quite stessful sometimes which if your only 15 you will find out in years to come :)

good luck.

hahaha but if you read all of that, you would know that i will eat it up and love the stress, because the bad helps amplify the difference of the good. :D so it just makes my life more interesting and fun. but, ya ty for the luck. :) good luck to you too, and may you have an amazing new years party (if your having on) or at least get laid ;P and have some damn amazing sex.

Emoocrap wrote:
    haha ty, you too. did you read it though? i would have prefered a reply on it lol :) i am looking for feedback, i have been searching online for 2 days now and i cant find any, even slightly, related links... so i am starting my own, to inform the world of my vastly crude yet complex theory, that if truly thought about, will drive a man insane :) hahaha. you know how over-contemplation, can do that to a poor guy with nothing better to do...
    Sorry young fella, I did actually read it and as interesting as it was I activley choose not to think about such things. I tend to get over whelmed and it consumes me to the point where I slowly go insane so as a general rule I simply don't care anymore as long as one ciggy and a lighter exist. I accept that there is just some stuff that is beyond our comprehension and "nothingness" is one of those things. Who says there ever was nothing anyway, maybe stuff always existed and there never was / is / never will be a linear starting point :eek:

Good little theory though, always good to see people thinking about such things, especially someone so young. keep it up untill you get fed up and don't care any more ;)

hahaha i am fed up, that is what my conclusion is describing, i realize that thinking about this stuff drives the human insane, just as i had explained in this, coz i went through it as well. i have chosen to live in denial of this, because i cant grasp all of it without falling to my primortial coding. and thus going insane. so i choose to just enjoy life as it is. :) live it to love it. else i would not be here, i would be working on understanding infinity, trying to push myself through insanity and to cancel myself out :) haha how boring though, it would be utterly depressing, just to really sit and think about that, and realize what is going to happen.

hey, I'll think you'll have fun defining this

The nest makes infinity look like a simple equation. ;)

• Advertisement

you mean post this in there?

Emoocrap wrote:
    you mean post this in there?
    Not exactly what I meant but do you know what, I think thats a mighty fine idea.

Go for it.

don't expect a rational response

lol, i feel it a waste... they seem to be the more, pick on everything kind of people, but what were you trying to say then.?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Emoocrap wrote:
    lol, i feel it a waste... they seem to be the more, pick on everything kind of people, but what were you trying to say then.?

no, thats the thunderdome

Ahh seriously just let this one sit out a day or two until the regulars in this forum get over their hang overs and you will get a few decent replies.

I was just making a small joke about the other forum "the cuckoos nest" in that trying to define the people in the cuckoos nest would probably be a lot harder than infinity due to the unstructured erratic nature of the quirky posters who reside there.

I'm sure in a day or two you will get a lot of replies in this thread. Just bad timing as most people will be out celebrating tonight.

lol ya i realize that, but it is not new years yet, or rather its 558 so, i have a while yet before getting smashed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

also, 0.99999 = 1

⅓ = 0.333333...

⅔ = 0.66666.....

3/3 = 0.9999999 = 1

its on wikipedia if ya dont believe me!

that would be symantics, and if you wish to get into nit picking in the heir of our mathematical age, google is your friend, it will tell you how our whole numerical system is flawed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

psychedelics are fun, aren't they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I thought 8 was infinity.

nice sig mordeth

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote:
    psychedelics are fun, aren't they
    hahahaha no they are tools(which means yes :P), but why would you say that to me? did i say anything about that in my theory?( i dont want to read all of it again) i cant remember... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lol............................indeed

please forget what i wrote in here. it is a recipe for insanity. i am so sorry for posting it, i did not realize its possibilities. this theory places an exact point for insanity, and i hope it hasnt done you any harm PLEASE forget this, go about your normal day, and skip this forum, skip it like it was never here. I AM SOOOO SORRY. i just realized how unstable i am. i cant sleep. and i cant stop thinking. as soon as i get off the computer, i will begin to freak out again. i cant stop contemplating it. HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. somebody help me. i dont know why i cant stop. everything i think about, i think and realize that it can be whatever i want it to be because, its infinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

while I agree to some tentative extent with your post, Id like to point out we cant perceive the past nor any other time dimension not because we aware that we'll go mad if we do try and think about it but due to the fact that we're incapable of it, our brains obey the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Also Im not so sure that our universe will continue expanding infinitly or that it is infinite, as it exhausts itself of matter it will be an expanding nothing, and Ive heard that it will then tear itself- the fabric of reality will tear itself apart, so the universe may indeed die. Why should nothing be defined by an infinity of somethings? Can it not just exist as nothing (obvious contradiction but that is a failing of language)? In the same way that a + is a + regardless of whether there is a -? Im not entirely certain as to whether things are defined by their opposites or whether that is just the way human logic expects/defines things to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dotheevolution

Questions raised for the pleasure of it but if you're genuinly looking for anwsers I think we'll be sorely disappointed.
    We're only human after all. Don't get wrapped up in it. Finite creatures with finite minds obsessed with the infinite.
    The universe couldn't be infinite. Not with time anyway. I think.
    Cos if it was, and it began an infinite time ago we'd never get to where we are now.
    So anything outside our finite time has no meaning to us at all. I think.
    Obsess about the little things in life and we never need to worry about the infinite.Eg:
    Boil fresh water for tea. Every time. And use a pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

ZygOte wrote:
    btw :)

You can't make something from 1, you have to have at least 2. Think about it, you can't take 1 brick and make a wall, you have to have at least 2, then it is a wall, 1 is just a brick.

isnt a brick something? so 1 = something?

If you took a single brick and cemented it to a very small foundation, wouldn't it then become a very small wall? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

As a serious reply, I think your first error is your use of the symbol "=".

Nothing is the absence of a thing. Zero is a number. They are dissimilar and therefore "zero IS nothing" is actually quite meaningless.

No offence intended, but there arereally far too many assumptions in your theory to give it serious considerations.

Some good old-school greek metaphysics really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Emoocrap wrote:
    Ok to start, imagine a jar, this jar has EVERYTHING inside it, everything, infinity. so whats on the outside? nothing because everything is on the inside. Nothing is equal to 0, it IS 0. nothing = 0. Everything is infinity. everything= infinity. So if you have nothing on the outside and everything on the inside, you have a positive and negative relationship. Negative is 0. Positive is Infinity. Soo 0 is equal and opposite to infinity. grasp that?
    I gave up pretty early in your post, however; nothing and infinity don't have a positive and negative relationship. The oft used phrase "equal and opposite" comes from vectors, and means equal magnitude and opposite direction. Their magnitudes are not equal, and they don't have direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Scigaithris

Just for fun, you might want to read about the problems with dichotomies by Jacques Derrida? It also helps you get to sleep at night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

should try Kant also, so terribly dry and boring itll knock you unconcious in no time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement