Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it too late?

Options
  • 01-01-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

I bought the bf a video camera for xmas and after 10 mins of filming it chewed up the tape and a flashing sign came up mechanical fault.

problem is we were all sick over the xmas so i never got back with it.

We went out yesterday and bought tapes in case it was a faulty tape - it did the same thing.

question is will they still take it back despite it being so late as it is obviously a faulty camera.

I actually bought it on 12th Deember but naturally didnt open it til xmas.

I should mention it was bought in argos - these are usually quite good with returns no?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

Alot of places will swop it straight over if returned within 28 days.

Other places use 14 days. After that period, they will send it away for repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Thanks for reply.

I dont mind once they do something. Cant afford to just bin it with That kind of money!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

There is no specific time limit on returns for faults like this. You have plenty of time, given the obvious fault with your unit. You should push them to replace the mangled tapes for you as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

thanks yeah i thought of that alrught about the tapes we had to trapse around loads of shops for 2 days to find tapes and turned out it was a waste of money. I will certainly mention it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Geek Nose

They legally have to give you a full refund, or a replacement on the spot, regardless of "store policy". Accept nothing less.

The item was not of merchantable quality or fit for it's purpose, which is an offence under The Sale of Good and Supply of Services Act (1980).

• Advertisement
Advertisement