Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car inspection in UK

Options
  • 01-01-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im in the process of buying a motor in the UK and want to get an inspection done. Has anyone used the RAC or AA? Or can anyone make a recommondation.

X.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

xabi wrote:
    Hi all,

Im in the process of buying a motor in the UK and want to get an inspection done. Has anyone used the RAC or AA? Or can anyone make a recommondation.

X.

Yea i used the AA to inspect a car in the UK when i was thinking about buying it. The AA dont do it themselves, but they use Dekra instead. Its really good, Id deffo recommend you go with the most expensive tests, piece of mind. I did and ive had the car now for 7 nearly 8 months. They pointed out two minor things wrong with the car which i would have never found myself.. so yea Id recommend AA (Dekra) for the inspection test ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what kind of costs are we talking about for the AA (Dekra)?

did you get a HPI check done also?

these are the hidden costs that I need to factor in.

Although if I buy a 2yr old car with a 3yr warranty, hopefully the car inspection can be done away with

think it was 300euro for the expensive inspection, they do a HPI check aswell but I did a seperate one with HPIcheck.com aswell, as i wanted to extra safe. Its 50euro as far as i remember for the seperate HPI check

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just had a quick look at Dekras web site and its £199 for the full inspection with the data check. You sure they use the HPI check for their data check as they are only charging £20 extra for the data check with the full inspection and HPI charge £40 for just the data check?

How old was the car you bought?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    just had a quick look at Dekras web site and its £199 for the full inspection with the data check. You sure they use the HPI check for their data check as they are only charging £20 extra for the data check with the full inspection and HPI charge £40 for just the data check?

How old was the car you bought?

my car was 3 years old when i bought it

Not 100% sure, its been well over half a year since i did it, but as far as i remember Dekra's data check didnt go into as much detail as i required for the HPI check so I decided to get a proper HPI check from a company dedicated to only giving HPI checks. As far as i remember Dekra's hpi check was basic but had pretty much the same details as the full HPI check

• Advertisement
Advertisement