Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bugs you about UCD?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Garret wrote:
    10 years? whats that in UCD time?

Only a century or two :p

It' supposed to be done for 2015, so lets say somewhere from 2018-2023...

Anyway here's some linkys:

http://www.ucd.ie/news/jun06/062006_campus_dev.htm

http://www.ucd.ie/news/july06/072106_campus_dev2.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Sangre wrote:
    Don't you have a car?

Anyway if you don't walk to the RDS from UCD you're a lazy bastard.

ohmy,as a mod,something like tat out from your mouth???:p

just make this clear,UCD students are obviously not all live near UCD + most of them dont have a car(if tats the case,how big the carpark u need for appr. 25000 cars?),many of them live 20mins/30mins walk/dart/bus from home to UCD,which,means,some of them(at least more than 1/5 of the total of the UCD students?) may take more time to RDS...

especially when you are going to do your test...are u willing to waste tat much energy + time to get to the exam center??:D

u r great,sangre,as a student,you are such a model:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Why do teenage girls post like they're retarded? One of life's mysteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Please please stop with the "u r" and all the text language. I thought there was some sort of ban against it

And secondly many students do go into UCD before an exam or go back to UCD after an exam to study. Not walking really is just lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dajaffa wrote:
    . Other parts of the plan are a huge revamp of the Arts + Science blocks, a hotel, a.

I wonder if they'll rent by the hour........or 5minutes in Sangres case........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

One of the things that annoys me most about ucd is the separation between the students of the different "colleges" in ucd. we all go to the same college yet in general we kinda dislike each other. eg science vs arts as the classic example. i wish ucd would try to make the college more united. there should be a central meeting place for all students to meet and congragate. the lake would be and ideal spot for this as its central to almot all the colleges.
    During my 1 and a half years in ucd i have yet to speak to a business student. im in science so we never really have the chance to intermingle without being drunk and loud in the bar!
    UCD is a very divided college. Hate it for that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

that's true actually. the only biz people i ever met were those who were in my year in school. other than that i've only met two people from B+L, one whom i worked in the same shop as and the other is a friend of a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

well if you join societies and clubs you can meet us business kids

we're not scary i promise;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Sounds like a load of nonsense.

Give some practical ideas then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I really hate the hack culture that exists around UCD. People doing something productive with their time, it makes me sick.

Down with hacks !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You might have met business studesnts and not known it, we're not all part of the Ross O Caroll Kelly steriotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Het-Field wrote:
    People doing something productive with their time, it makes me sick.

Yeah, let's just get drunk. Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

pFd wrote:
    One of the things that annoys me most about ucd is the separation between the students of the different "colleges" in ucd. we all go to the same college yet in general we kinda dislike each other. eg science vs arts as the classic example. i wish ucd would try to make the college more united. there should be a central meeting place for all students to meet and congragate. the lake would be and ideal spot for this as its central to almot all the colleges.
    During my 1 and a half years in ucd i have yet to speak to a business student. im in science so we never really have the chance to intermingle without being drunk and loud in the bar!

never think of that ,but that seems true...

and this makes me hope i can attend my societies more frequently~:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

pFd wrote:
    I'm a science student, but I spend most of my time at the blob in arts. Most of my college friends are through Gamesoc, which has a business student on it's committee. (Hi Phil!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

the fact they've cancelled a course i'm doing the week before i go back, and the other ones are full.
    more queueing in the program office, woez :(

the fact they've cancelled a course i'm doing the week before i go back, and the other ones are full.
    more queueing in the program office, woez :(

oh, thats ****ty. what are they at, idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

They moved my elective to a Wednesday meaning that I know have 8 hours, 9 o clock til 8 every wednesday... and I was planning on using that elective as a reason to skip council :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Pythia wrote:
    Yeah, let's just get drunk. Woot!

Amen

gubbie wrote:
    They moved my elective to a Wednesday meaning that I know have 8 hours, 9 o clock til 8 every wednesday... and I was planning on using that elective as a reason to skip council :(

I have 8 hours a week (plus 3 tutorials).
    Ooh, that sucks for you guys!

just calculated the amount of hours i have this semester roughly 26 hrs/wk.
    Science is a much tougher course than arts and thats it.....jealous. So many hours in science but i prefer it that way. I'd hate to have all them essays to do.

I really dont like dont like my timetable this year. im in a 9 on a wednesday then nothing til 3 (a lab). AND im in at 9 on friday's!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

AND i have 8 hours on a thursday. Does it get any better

Is 2nd year the worst for science students.I hope so cos this is ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

pFd wrote:

Not if you're doing pharm, biochem, physiology or chemistry. It only gets worse, I'm afraid. 4th year is 9-5 pretty much everyday, and often you're in later than 5. And that's without a minute of study, and you'll be doing plenty of that too, straight from september.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

pFd wrote:
    Science is a much tougher course than arts
    and thats it.....jealous. So many hours in science but i prefer it that way. I'd hate to have all them essays to do.

I really dont like dont like my timetable this year. im in a 9 on a wednesday then nothing til 3 (a lab). AND im in at 9 on friday's!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

AND i have 8 hours on a thursday. Does it get any better

Pythia's not an Arts student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phosphorus

pFd wrote:
    Science is a much tougher course than arts and thats it.....jealous. So many hours in science but i prefer it that way. I'd hate to have all them essays to do.

If you say so;) I am in arts and I had roughly 25 hrs/wk last semester:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

All those hours and still only an Arts degree. Tragic.

Its like spending €60,000 on a new car only to later realise its a skoda.

wait, lets not start this arts/science thing again, my bad! sorry....:o

I do four modules at two classes each, and have tutorials in three of them. So that's 11 hours in total.
    I'm an Economics and Finance student.
    We only do ten modules in total for some reason (six last term).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Going back tomorrow, don't know my timetable.. bah.
    Plenty of little things that bug me about UCD, and the little bugs really start to add up by the time you get to your 5th year here. /sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Damn it! Apparently this year has a say in whether or not I'll be eligable for 4th year, and one of the modules I've picked may not be ok in the grand scheme.

Brilliant.

At least the timetable's not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Where do it start!?

The campus looks like a failed future-scape the likes of which Philip K. Dick would be proud of. It also reminds me of pictures I saw of communist china under Mao. Administration, administration and administration. Fees are going up by about 25% next year as they've found out they overspent.....on what? Coffee is overpriced. The number 17 bus doesn't seem to want to go there. Business studies have a shiny new centre where as my department which is an off shoot of social- science has lecture rooms akin to a lavatory.

The library has no budget to speak of, you have to get a letter from them so you can go to Trinity to find the material you want. The library is badly built with low ceilings so the acoustics are terrible and I can hear what Sorcha and Devlin who are sitting 10 rows away are doing for their weekend.

Ahhh that feels better...... thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Your registraion fee will also go up thanks to the SU and the new student centre

Advertisement