Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bugs you about UCD?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

F-it. See sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Blush_01 wrote:
    Thanks Jim. Glad to see someone actually understands what people are getting at rather than spouting useless nonsense. Will do.
    I must commend you Blush on being a constant ray of sunshine on this forum.

Does it not hurt your face to smile like that all the time?

You get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Blush_01 wrote:
    Having made formal complaints, there's little I can physically do, aside from getting down on my hands and knees and fixing the slabs myself, and I wouldn't have the first clue where to start with that. I don't care if Bertie Aherne himself is personally responsible for each and every single slab on the footpaths outside the houses in Glen. I made complaints about the very poor state of the place months ago (October) and nothing has been done. That, as far as I can see, is a quarter of a year. It's dangerous - people are getting hurt, needlessly. The more pressure that's put on to get something done, the sooner something gets done, in my experience - hence the point of mentioning it in the first place. Now if you could stop being a prick about the whole thing for five seconds and read what I wrote, rather than running off on an "oh god, here's another stupid complaint I'm obviously knowledgeable enough to belittle, once again" parade you might realise that what you said was as useful as what Kap said, i.e. not.

As for not remembering any major problems last year, that's hardly the issue here, is it, since the main problem is with the walkway outside the newly opened buildings, whose paths would, presumably, not have been used that much last year, what with their not being there. Walk from the corner of houses 5 and 6 up past houses 9 and 10 and you'll see what the issue is.
    Lol.

You try to point out to someone why a problem may not have been addressed and there you go.
    I was knowledgeable enough to try to explain this to you. Like you, I couldn't fix it either. They wouldn't allow an outsider to do it, for obvious reasons.

I only mentioned not remembering problems last year as you commented that there may have been problems back then. Again, forgive me for pointing this out.

You can take what I say as trying to belittle you or as trying to enlighten you. You appear to have a rather polarized view of certain posters around here though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

This might be a bit off topic but can I just say nothing really bothers me about UCD.:)

No, I tried to point out that something needs to be done about the problem, that the situation shouldn't exist as it does, and that ample time has passed for the problem to at least be formally addressed. Notification is sent to the residents whenever any work either in or outside of the buildings is upcoming - nothing has been said about the hames of a footpath by anyone - part of the problem that needs to be fixed. Anyone see a circle here?

Work was done on the paths last year, as far as I can remember, as they were working on the footpaths when I visited friends plenty of times. The main problems this year are the new footpaths - which wouldn't have been a problem last year, being new. More minor problems exist with the older sections of footpath that are at houses 6/7.

Anything else I can clarify?

God, this is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Lets keep this on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Watch your steps in big bad Roebuck until they fix the paths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Chakar wrote:
    This might be a bit off topic but can I just say nothing really bothers me about UCD.
    Ah someone who stays positive in the face of all the negativity ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

pFd wrote:
    Is 2nd year the worst for science students.I hope so cos this is ****

Not really. I'm in 3rd year now, and it's a lot tougher than it was in 2nd year. More projects, less time, more effort required for projects, longer hours needed in the lab etc etc.
    9-5 most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

kaalgat wrote:
    I'm in 3rd year now, and it's a lot tougher than it was in 2nd year.

I'm in 4th year. Take the difference in difficulty and time commitment between 3rd year and 2nd year and multiply it by at least 3.

Slightly depends on which subject you major in. Slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

do you know what I dont understand about S&M.

The modules Im doing at the moment are worth the same as the ones I did last semester. In fact Ive about 70% of my degree behind me, so why the **** are they so god damn hard. Who was it that could grasp the concept that final semester doesnt have to be ubre hard anymore (or if it does then it should be weigted accordingly)

Chakar wrote:
    Watch your steps in big bad Roebuck until they fix the paths.

Conor, were you by any chance reading the wrong message board?

Advertisement