Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of 2006/2007

Options
  • 01-01-2007 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm bored, I'll admit it.

So what do you think was the best comic of 2006 and what are you most looking forward to in 2007?

Personally I haven't really thought about it yet so I'll get back to you with an answer later haha! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

looking foward to franks millars new batman comic,cant remember name though, something like holy crap batman

best of 06?ive not really read any 06 stuff..........i mainly read the panini collecters editions,whihc are about 2 or 3 years behind us, and titans batman legends ,whihc is about 1 or 2 years behind us

and the tps i bought this year were out before this year...........
    but best thing ive read all year:Batman:Dark Knight Returns

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

OK I've been trying to decide which of these three were my comic highlights of 2006: Carey and Bachalo's X-men, Civil War or Pirates of Coney Island.

Pirates and X-men have both reminded me of what comics used to be like back in th 90s when I loved them first. X-men for that mainstream superhero stuff and Pirates for it's indy appeal with kick ass art and a blollox to the world attitude that you just don't get anymore. (Well obviously you do but hard to find) Eventually though I think it has to go to Civil War. A pretty simple idea which in it's execution has pretty much revitalised the entire Marvel universe. Characters I've never cared about are finally interesting, characters I've never heard of are being brought to my attention and all the main events are happening in one place rather than having to buy a million books to follow the story. (That and it seems a lot less complicated and pointless than Inifinte Crisis)

As for what I'm looking forward to in 2007:

The Spirit; issue one has come out and was fun, but it will be interesting to see where Darwyn Cooke takes this. Looking forward to following it anyway, Denny Colt is a great character and deserves a re-introduction to the world and new fans. Just wonder how long Cooke will stay on it for or can it last without him?

I can't think of any others so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how much i actually do of my own project lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

the thing[comics wise] i want to do in 07 is read more Grant Morrision stuff.Its my New Years Resolution!

Advertisement