Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netgear Problem

• 01-01-2007 4:47pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a rather small problem (I think). I'm changing over from the Eircom Netopia router to a Netgear RangeMax router, when I first plugged in the Netgear router, everything functioned ok (could access the router config, got internet working and so on), however while I was fiddling around for a while, I plugged in the old Netopia router from Eircom again just to verify from settings, for portforwarding etc. Then when I went to plug in the Netgear again, everything works fine but it simply won't sync, I can't get online, the Sync light just flashes orange for maybe 10 seconds, every minute or so, but it won't connect. The router status says "Connecting". So basically, the problem I have is that I can access internet just fine with my Netopia router from Eircom, but my Netgear router just won't sync, when it did in the first place. I'd imagine this is some small problem, at least I'm hoping so. I'm grateful for any useful suggestions, this is doing my head in!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Silly question, but are you trying to connect both router to the phone line at the same time? Only one ADSL router can work at a time in this case.

Try leaving the dodgy router unplugged for a while then trying again. Failing that, you can reset the router to its factory settings by using the little button at the back.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Although I can't claim to be a technical guru, I'm not quite THAT bad! The problem is that the 'dodgy' (brand new) router cannot establish DSL sync, despite the fact that it did when I originally plugged it in, it has only ceased to work since I went back to the Eircom Netopia router, and then back to the Netgear again.

Since I actually posted this in the 'Broadband' forum earlier as will, since I thought it would be more suitable there, perhaps we should carry on from there. So if anyone has anything to offer please do so here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52564388

Thanks a lot, keep it coming if you have any help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Closing as OP has another thread in BB forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement