Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum books

Options
  • 01-01-2007 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey ive been playing almost four years now with a decent bit of experience behind me but i was hoping to perfect my technique even more and maybe attempt grades. Just wondering if anyone can reccommend some good books that will help. I was looking at drumming for dummies and it has decent reviews from drummers of every level.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

The Art Of the Drummer By John Savage possibly? Not sure how good it'd be for advanced players, has a bit of everything in it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

if its technique you're going for, I'd recommend Stick Control or Syncopation,and get a teacher to show you through the initial concept of the book. Stick control is pretty self explanatory but Syncopation is a bit more open to interpretation, and a teacher is essential. can you read rhythms?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You could try one of Gavin Harrison's books or DVDs, I've always found his stuff refreshing and creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gabriel

If you know how to read music go with The New Breed 1 and 2.
    But you have to be steady and very focus .
    the volume two is for really advanced drummers so I recommend to start with volume one.
    Good luck!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

STICK CONTROL
    &
    PROGRESSIVE STEPS TO SYNCOPATION.

Those 2 are by far the best books on drums..

• Advertisement
Advertisement