Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W800i doesn't like Meteor

• 01-01-2007 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Here's a weird thing I noticed.

Bought a W800i from Meteor over a year ago, but it had random crashes every couple of days, I brought it back and they took it off for repair but when I got it back a week later I discovered it was still crashing again a few days after that. Due to laziness I never bothered and just put up with it, turning the phone off and on again fixed it anyway.

But then at the end of Summer I moved to the UK, got a vodafone SIM and put it in my phone. This is when I discovered something strange - the phone stopped crashing! For the entire time in Britain I never got a single crash.

Back home for xmas, put a new, completely different Meteor SIM in, and all of a sudden its crashing all the time again.

Weird!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I don't know if this is related, but the V600i also doesn't like Meteor. It will work properly with any network I have tried, including Vodafone and O2 here, as well as all the networks I have tried in other countries.

But with Meteor, it just hangs on emergency calls only, or only works briefly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Some Vodafone software doesn't like Meteor sims. I can think of at least 4 phones that don't work with a Meteor sim that have Vodafone branding. The Sony Ericsson V600i, K610i, Z800 and those two Samsung 3G phones. This is due to a combination of location, Meteor sim, 3G and Vodafone software.

In fact, I know a guy who has an unlocked Samsung D500 that is branded to Orange UK and it will not work with a Meteor sim. Asks for unlocking code, despite working with O2 Ireland and Vodafone Ireland.

As for the OP, that might be your sim card. Go to a local Meteor store and get a replacement. Look at your sim card. There's a 12 digit code on it. It should start with 0522. If it doesn't, it's an old sim. If it does, there's a chance it could be scratched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I had that problem with a K750i. One meteor person told me it had to go into to repair. But when I brought it back to them to do this, someone else in there just just told me to run the SonyEricsson update for the phone on the web. So I did and it fixed it.

Advertisement